Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help Choosing a Boat

ThatMalibu21

Hi, this is my first post in these forums. Currently we have a 2015 22vlx. We are looking at getting a new or used boat. The two boats which we are between are a Used 2018 Malibu m235 or a New 2021 Malibu 24mxz. There’s differently some differences it the styling and features. So I was wondering which one would you guys pick? Are the surf/wakeboard wakes similar? Or is one better than the other?

thank you. 

In my opinion hands down the new 24mxz. It's got all the new tech, new Malibu motor, bigger, and is a surf monster. M235 is fantastic, but you're getting a relatively comparable surf wave with all the new tech of the last 3 years. And you're getting the new warranty which on these newer boats is a big deal. LOTS of electronics to go wrong.

8 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I think the M240 was '20 for the first model year.

Hi Slayer,

You are correct - the M240 debuted in 2020.

Chris

I, hopefully, have a 24 mxz coming in a week or two(spray date Monday🤞). Whatever info you guys can share about the new 24 is much appreciated!