Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost the bilge access door last night on the interstate.

I guess my bilge access door flew out of the boat yesterday on the way back from the lake. 2004 23 LSV. Any ideas if or where I can find one after market, or used?

How long a drive from the lake? Try back tracking, may find it on the road. I have lost things more than once that I forget on the swim platform and usually find them on the road later.

1 minute ago, Rednucleus said:

How long a drive from the lake? Try back tracking, may find it on the road. I have lost things more than once that I forget on the swim platform and usually find them on the road later.

an hour or so. I may do that tommorrow.

30 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

I have lost things more than once that I forget on the swim platform and usually find them on the road later.

"Highway Hardware store" Dad used to call it.

Something that small I would buy a 2’x2’ sheet of 3/4” or appropriate thickness sheet of HDPE and make my own. Drill and chamfer a finger hole and be done with it. You could carpet it if you wanted, but that would be a PITA Easter egg hunt even my OCD self wouldn’t mess with. JM2C

1 hour ago, Duvall said:

I assume it is fiberglass, it was covered in carpet.

Sorry - I was visualizing the trap door on the platform.  Just get a piece of Starboard or similar - easy to mill to fit.