Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Flush kit for 2021 LSV23


Recommended Posts

I have recently purchased a 2021 Malibu LSV 23...it has the external Flush Kit installed....what I can't seem to locate is the Raw water intake that is supposed to be closed if the boat is out of the water, and the fresh water hose is attached, before starting the engine and running it for 8 minutes.  Anyone know where I can locate the valve that shuts off the raw water intake from under the boat? 

Link to post
14 minutes ago, Mathias said:

I have recently purchased a 2021 Malibu LSV 23...it has the external Flush Kit installed....what I can't seem to locate is the Raw water intake that is supposed to be closed if the boat is out of the water, and the fresh water hose is attached, before starting the engine and running it for 8 minutes.  Anyone know where I can locate the valve that shuts off the raw water intake from under the boat? 

The kit has a check valve, no need to close anything. Just hook up the hose, turn on the water.

Link to post
54 minutes ago, Mathias said:

I have recently purchased a 2021 Malibu LSV 23...it has the external Flush Kit installed....what I can't seem to locate is the Raw water intake that is supposed to be closed if the boat is out of the water, and the fresh water hose is attached, before starting the engine and running it for 8 minutes.  Anyone know where I can locate the valve that shuts off the raw water intake from under the boat? 

The raw water intake is aft of the engine on the starboard side.  Remove the tray below the starboard rear seat above the transom and you'll see the sea strainer and raw water intake valve.  

38 minutes ago, gregtay said:

The kit has a check valve, no need to close anything. Just hook up the hose, turn on the water.

I'm not so sure about that.  I hooked mine up the other day and left the raw water valve open thinking there would be a check valve.  Turned the water on and it was pouring out of the raw water intake opening on the bottom of the hull.  

Link to post
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

The raw water intake is aft of the engine on the starboard side.  Remove the tray below the starboard rear seat above the transom and you'll see the sea strainer and raw water intake valve.  

I'm not so sure about that.  I hooked mine up the other day and left the raw water valve open thinking there would be a check valve.  Turned the water on and it was pouring out of the raw water intake opening on the bottom of the hull.  

 

5 hours ago, Slayer said:

The raw water intake is aft of the engine on the starboard side.  Remove the tray below the starboard rear seat above the transom and you'll see the sea strainer and raw water intake valve.  

I'm not so sure about that.  I hooked mine up the other day and left the raw water valve open thinking there would be a check valve.  Turned the water on and it was pouring out of the raw water intake opening on the bottom of the hull.  

Mine leaks a little water around the drive shaft (due to cooling bushing) but no water from the water pickup (located where you noted)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...