Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help please!

Sam36

Excuse my ignorance, I’m new to the boating world. I acquired an 88’ Malibu Sunsetter last year and have been doing a full restoration on it. We just got the motor back in and fired it up Sunday. Going to take it out on the water this weekend and make sure it floats before I do the interior lol. But I am looking for a few small items of which I do not know the technical names of and am having trouble trying to find them. Does anyone know what they’re called and/or where/if I can buy them? I will include some pictures. Also if anyone knows of a place where I can buy the vinyl sticker (Decal with Malibu Sunsetter) because mine is ridiculously faded. 

I’m a first time user and can’t figure out how to upload a picture so I will try to explain it. It’s the 2 pieces of wood on the driver side (hard to explain but assuming they’re to help grip to get in and out of the boat when it’s on water) and the, what I’m assuming, air vents at the back of the boat (4 of them). The link is my exact same boat. 

Thanks!

https://apexmarine.net.au/2016/06/malibu-sunsetter-wakeboat-1988-2/

22 minutes ago, Sam36 said:

I’m a first time user and can’t figure out how to upload a picture so I will try to explain it. It’s the 2 pieces of wood on the driver side (hard to explain but assuming they’re to help grip to get in and out of the boat when it’s on water) and the, what I’m assuming, air vents at the back of the boat (4 of them).

The wood pieces are likely "step pads".  Doubt you will find OEM ones, but they are teak so easy to make.  Or you can get all sorts of billet aluminum ones.  Folks nowadays use GatorStep/Seadek  EVA flooring for them.  My 99 RLX has rubber inserts in chrome frames; you can still buy those.

The air vents are going to be hard to find.  35 year old plastic pieces are likely NLA.  You could maybe try some from a Nautique (easier to source), but I'm gussing you need a mate with a CNC or 3D printer.  Or get some fabbed up in aluminum or stainless.

Edited by Eagleboy99
Spelling