Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution Tabs

erikj

does anyone use these or have any experience setting up tabs when water sking ? my missus does a bit of social sking while the rest of us board or surf

I am installing them today on my 2006 247 LSV. I have had them for a few months, just needed the time to get them mounted. Hoping to get out and test in a week or so.

Got mine installed this week.  Headed out on Saturday for T and E.  I'll post up the results and comparisons when done.  So far, I'm highly impressed.  Rob Andrus (owner) is super responsive to questions during my install.  The Joystick that comes with them is awesome and very easy to use.  Surf left, push left, surf right, push right.  Launch, push up, retract, push down.  Hardest part for me was wiring, but that's just because my boat has had so many upgrades over the years.   

Reach out to Rob before your purchase and he will set you right.  

And yes, the mount from the actuator to the hull is upside down.  Rob said it should be ok, I'm going to test it before I fill the holes and flip it over.  

IMG_8776.JPG

Edited by Slaney
  • 3 weeks later...

Got out last week and love them!   I played around with different amounts of ballast and found that with less, it was a nice clean wave but still needed to load it down for that push.   

6D11862E-D159-43D8-A06C-769E9D7032D3.jpeg

AFC16736-B25F-4D6A-850D-3A4BC62465FA.jpeg

Edited by Slaney

Stock 250 tanks in the stern with Wakemakers piggyback 910lb bags ontop.   Wedge all the way down.  800 lb bag across the back seat.  650lb triangle in the bow and two adults.  3770lbs total plus the wedge.  

• 1 year later...

@Slaney...Late to the thread but I have basically the same boat (2007) and noticed that you didn't mention the center and front ballast tanks in your description of how you weighted yours.  Are you only using the stern stock tanks or did you just forget to mention the center and front stock tanks?  TIA

Britt

I have a 650 bag in the bow and no now hard tank.  I do not fill the center tank.  I also have 910 lb piggy back bags on top of the hard tanks that in the stern with 500lbs of lead and a 450 lb bag across the back seat. Not I bring enough adults along I don’t fill the 450lb bag.  

Edited by Slaney
  • 3 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 11:26 AM, Slaney said:

I have a 650 bag in the bow and no now hard tank.  I do not fill the center tank.  I also have 910 lb piggy back bags on top of the hard tanks that in the stern with 500lbs of lead and a 450 lb bag across the back seat. Not I bring enough adults along I don’t fill the 450lb bag.  

What boat do you have?

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, scottF100 said:

Can anyone tell me the model number of the actuators used for the Evo tabs?

VMkIdnRl.jpg

YL6HT4Pl.jpg

I don’t know because we sold our boat but looks like the standard 101 actuator. I am sure someone can measure for you.