Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 A24

huskey87

Crew,

finally pulling the trigger on a new boat.  Once build slots open up I’ll be signing up for an A24.  Any must have options from those that have 2021s?  Definitely going M6 or greater.  

Coming from a 2008 23LSV.  Nothing but good to say about that boat.  Just ready for something a little bigger and some of the functionality of a newer boat.  

Thanks!

2 hours ago, huskey87 said:

Crew,

finally pulling the trigger on a new boat.  Once build slots open up I’ll be signing up for an A24.  Any must have options from those that have 2021s?  Definitely going M6 or greater.  

Coming from a 2008 23LSV.  Nothing but good to say about that boat.  Just ready for something a little bigger and some of the functionality of a newer boat.  

Thanks!

Agree with @ahopkinsVTX on the power wedge!  A buddy of mine bought a 21 w/ auto set wedge and wave was good, but power wedge would have allowed more options to shape the wave.  I wouldn't buy one without it unless it was a screaming deal.  Not many, if any, of those out there in this market.  Congrats!

Edited by bovhica

power seat? Was not an option for 2021?

Auto Set Wedge is a feature of Power Wedge, I believe you mean the floating wedge? The one where you drop it manually and raise it manually?

M6 with 17" prop should be plenty for most people. 

I am a big fan of hydraulic steering in the axis line up, but the 17" propped boats dont suffer as much, but might be something to consider. 

Chillax Seats.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, agarabaghi said:

Auto Set Wedge is a feature of Power Wedge, I believe you mean the floating wedge? The one where you drop it manually and raise it manually?

I am a big fan of hydraulic steering in the axis line up, but the 17" propped boats dont suffer as much, but might be something to consider. 

Chillax Seats.

Yes, I meant floating wedge.  Thanks for the correction

2 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

Chillax Seats.

the option name for floating wedge is Auto set wedge,  

Shock Assist Tower if you have to lower the tower at all, especially if you have 2 sets of Tower speaker. 

You are making a great choice, just pulled our 2021 out of the garage and put it on the lift. Forgot how awesome it is over the winter. 

Edited by Dsalyers
  • Like 2
On 4/25/2021 at 9:25 PM, huskey87 said:

Crew,

Thanks!

Has the dealer commented on any changes to the '22 from the '21?

I think the specs for the 2022 will be released to the public next week. I think they are sending stuff to the dealers today. Hoping to hear some stuff leak out. 

Power wedge is a non-negotiable 🤙 even on the ‘08 LSV, it’s a game changer.  

M6 + 17” prop 👍 thanks.  

What about stereo 2 vs delete with custom stereo.  Is a custom build that big of difference?  And what’s the ballpark cost delta?  

Thanks y’all!!!

Maybe It's just me, but I did SP3 with just 1 set of rev 10's on my 21 A24 and I think it sounds pretty good.  Now, I haven't ridden behind the boat yet so am not sure how the Rev 10's are powered, but the system gets loud inside the boat and is pretty clean.  If I looked at the MSRP with the sheet I have and add all those up it comes out to be $5,004 total.  It looks like SP2 with Icon 8's come out to be $3,467.  Not sure what the amp differences are between the 2, but for the $1,537 upcharge you get 1 set of Rev 10's and a 12" sub instead of a 10" sub and 8" icon speakers.  I don't think that's a bad surcharge for the price.  

I also went m6, but that was mainly due to me wanting power for wakeboarding.  Honestly if you don't wakeboard with 1,000 lbs sacs in the rear you could be fine in an m5 @ elevation.  I've never experienced a boat not get to speed surfing, even with the smallest of engines.  Again, just my opinion.  I demoed one and was impressed with hole shot and how it rode.  That was one with the free floating wedge - so no lift mode to help get on plane.  I think the 17" prop helps a ton in that arena.  

I also agree about transom and bow steps on trailer if you tow. . . if it sits on a lift save your money.  I'm also big on the lean back seats in the back and chilax seats.  I wouldn't buy a boat without those, but a lot of people don't use the lean backs so, that's again personal preference.   I also did the factory soft grip flooring and the deck trac.  Figure if you're getting x% off the boat it saves you time from doing gator step or whatever. 

Pretty much my boat is fully loaded and I got those options because they were important to me.  If you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out.   

• 2 weeks later...

Met with my dealer yesterday.  They did not have details yet other than an estimated 10% price increase over ‘21.  We built out what we think we want, subject to ‘22 changes.  Will finalize when we know more.  They did say I would have their first ‘22 build slot and estimated an August delivery if all goes according to plan 🤞

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tjards said:

2022 axis stuff is going to be awesome. I have seen what is coming and I was very impressed.

Why don't you just share the info vs being so cryptic about it?

9 hours ago, mk2driver said:

Then why even say anything if you're not going to share? Both of you. 

Did you not understand my statement?  I was given little details, meaning if I had something other than that which has been mentioned previously, I'd be happy to share.  The quote from my sales guy "Wait until you see what Axis is doing for '22.  They are making some very attractive changes to broaden the appeal of the brand."  I followed up with "what changes?"  His response was I'll tell you when I can.

Is there anything else you'd like to know??  

Maybe because they want to keep their good standing relationship with their dealer.

I’m in possession of several juicy 2022 nuggets, but I ain’t sharing.

if you are that broken up about it, pony up the $$ and place an order, I’m sure your dealer would be happy to share at that point.

9AFACCD6-6302-40EC-9B5A-BDBB5F6EC3E1.gif

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Did you not understand my statement?  I was given little details, meaning if I had something other than that which has been mentioned previously, I'd be happy to share.  The quote from my sales guy "Wait until you see what Axis is doing for '22.  They are making some very attractive changes to broaden the appeal of the brand."  I followed up with "what changes?"  His response was I'll tell you when I can.

Is there anything else you'd like to know??  

I kind of got the same thing from my dealer.  It does sound like the Most exciting changes/additions are going to come from the Axis brand.  I think on the Malibu side, the LX's will see some changes but I wasn't given any detail on that either.

People on here have good relationships with their dealers.  Both Malibu and Dealers look at this site and nobody wants to jeopardize their relationships and get their dealer in trouble if info is leaked that shouldn't be.  Dealers let the cat out of the bag and probably shouldn't, but that is because they trust who they are telling it to.

• 3 weeks later...

if he is ordering a 2022 he knows thats new, as do some of us. Until its officially released theres no point in risking the relationship. 

• 1 month later...

Maybe you'll get a 2023 by the time axis stops delaying everything. They can't seem to catch up. Ordered A24 in December to receive in March before the resin shortage and we keep getting delayed every month. Hope the quality hasn't dived off with them during this