Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom Seat Hinges

Taffy

Had them made back in the UK - lucky my Dads friend is a retired metal fabricator - They fit great, workmanship is excellent. 

A481FD57-3D58-4209-BE90-4EF0B962DC9E.jpeg

D14EB020-BC5F-45EB-B27B-2412370067B5.jpeg

D4C08F10-B84C-4FD0-B9DF-9144CC8384CD.jpeg

6FD8B2EF-3C4E-4C68-AB77-147A09093986.jpeg

FBCD4EC4-6EB5-4407-B2AE-42FC33933445.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great, nice work.

My brother has fabricated a lot of these.  If you search the FaceBook Malibu Group page for "seat hinge" you will find more pics.  I did a drawing design I sent him and he makes them from stainless steel and adds in a strut.  On my 2010 LSV I have done both the cooler seat and the longer seat on the port side that had a hinge where the seat folded into the center of the boat, that was a terrible design.  Makes it super convenient to use that space.  I had rarely used the cooler seat in the past because it was a pain pulling the cushion off and guests never seemed to get it back on correctly.

Thanks - All made with SS 2mm. Notice the "joggle" as they call it in the UK. Its a 10 mm reduction into the bottom of the seat. That is the key ingredient:-) Fits like a glove.