Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Malibu Boat Late Delivery

SimonS

I just received a call from my dealer here in Canada that our 2021 23 LSV will not be delivered until early July instead of May.  Here in Canada we have a very small window of 4 months to enjoy wakeboarding. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Sorry you are part of one of the many people involved in this issue.  Take a few minutes and read a few of the articles posted on this very topic and chime in with other questions as you have them.  Here is the article.

5 minutes ago, SimonS said:

I just received a call from my dealer here in Canada that our 2021 23 LSV will not be delivered until early July instead of May.  Here in Canada we have a very small window of 4 months to enjoy wakeboarding. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

or read this thread:

or this one

hope those help

Boats are not the only industry that is feeling this issue in a big way.  Try ordering a car, an RV or better yet go build a house....

The ability to chill is a lost art in this hyper connected world where yesterday is not fast enough.

• Like 3

One suggestion I have is before you actually place the order, make sure the dealer you are ordering through actually has a build slot. If they do, they can give you the build date before you order.

13 minutes ago, MFknK said:

One suggestion I have is before you actually place the order, make sure the dealer you are ordering through actually has a build slot. If they do, they can give you the build date before you order.

Doesn’t always work like that since build dates aren’t assigned that far in advance for a year like this, and last year. Traditionally it worked that way during boat show season, or if a dealer just happened to have a slot coming up soon they wanted to use for the custom order.

The dealer will have a general idea of timing, and will know how many slots they can get allocated. At least until the supply chain went haywire.

34 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

Keep your fingers crossed for July and pray the supply chain interruptions get better or at least don't get worse.

You will need to touch base with your dealer on a proactive and periodic basis to stay updated

Edited by zhuskers1
  • 1 year later...

Sometimes, depending on the load of postal services and various external factors, this scheme changes a little. Transit cities or even countries may appear in it. It is important to understand that the behavior of a large postal company is simply impossible to predict, everything depends on their own logistics solutions. In general, I trust this delivery service, as I have been using it for many years. In addition, I always track the location of the delivery using https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.com/de/dhl-sendungsverfolgung.html.

Edited by JikSimted

Wait for a 2021 boat??.  I purchased my 2022 in October of 2021.  If the boat hasn’t been delivered it would certainly be a 2022 with the extra 8% surcharge nonetheless.