Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

99 response exhaust rubberized hose

I need new hose for the exhaust manifolds. Is there a generic hose to order? Not sure but looks like 4" as I have not taken apart yet I can't confirm. I didn't want to do that until I have a replacement on hand. 

53 minutes ago, Mb911 said:

I need new hose for the exhaust manifolds. Is there a generic hose to order? Not sure but looks like 4" as I have not taken apart yet I can't confirm. I didn't want to do that until I have a replacement on hand. 

I think you can order it by the foot from skidim.com

1 hour ago, DOJOLOACH2 said:

I'll follow along this thread, how did you know the hoses need replaced? 

I could see some weeping when I was checking trans level

1 minute ago, Mb911 said:

Do you know if it is in deed 4"

I'm almost positive my Sunsetter has 3.5" hose...  yup, I just verified it.  I used Trident-Flex 250/100.  I still have several feet of it left.

You can measure your exhaust ports and your risers to be sure of your size.

1 hour ago, DOJOLOACH2 said:

I'll follow along this thread, how did you know the hoses need replaced? 

They are over 20 years old.  I can't think of a better way to sink a boat quickly than to rupture an exhaust hose.  I changed mine (and all of the fuel hoses) when I bought it in 2014.

As @Eagleboy99's dad used to say, "A little preventive maintenance sure beats the heck out of sinking a boat."  Or something like that.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, justgary said:

I'm almost positive my Sunsetter has 3.5" hose...  yup, I just verified it.  I used Trident-Flex 250/100.  I still have several feet of it left.

You can measure your exhaust ports and your risers to be sure of your size.

Or measure the circumference and divide by pi to get the diameter (as explained to me by my 17 yr old)

1 hour ago, Bozboat said:

Or measure the circumference and divide by pi to get the diameter (as explained to me by my 17 yr old)

And an extra like for your 17 year old math student!

3 hours ago, uk_exile said:

@Bozboat, how many hours?

That photo was in 2013, so 640 hours at the end of 2013.  I bought her in 2010 with 515 hours and don’t know the prior history. 

1 hour ago, uk_exile said:

My 03 is approx 550hrs. Based on your photo it probably a good idea if I consider hose replacement soon

And the fuel lines while you have it all apart.  I even replaced the filler hose and the vent line since I had to remove the tank to get to the exhaust hoses.