Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

upholstery stains

Just an FYI - Their has been some grumblings in the past about the materials that Malibu uses, particularly that it stains to easily. This last weekend when we where at the lake we had a bunch of tree buds blow into the boat. I made sure to get all of the buds off of the upholstery, but could not get all of them out of the boat. When I vacuumed the boat at home I had a bud get stuck to the back of my hand so I went to wash my hands, the bud fell into the sink, when I rinsed the sink down I noticed that there was a yellow stain. I thought it would just rub off, but it did not. It took Soft Scrub to get it out. I realized that if these evil buds can stain a porcelain sink then the material that Malibu uses must be pretty damn good, because the stains that I have gotten in the boat were never permanent. Every stain I have ever gotten, even the wet blue jean a$$ print disappeared.

Dwayne

I agree, I've been pleasantly surprised that my VLX's vinyl seems very stain resistant. I was worried after some conjecture previously, but turns out I've had no problems. Even after having oak tree crap get all over the seats, it has all come off.

(hoping I didn't just jinx myself)

Funny you should mention soft scrub. I found out recently that the dealers use the stuff to get the stains out that they leave on your vinyl. Soft Scrub with bleach. Supposedly it won't harm the vinyl or the color, if used in small doses and immediately rinsed off. Crazy.gif

Edited by stusumm