Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MC-1 WetSounds Upgrade - 2006 23LSV

BCJohnsontx

I spent the weekend upgrading the old factory sony headunit to a Wetsounds MC-1 and the matching transom remote. There isn't a great place to mount the control panel so I had to make a panel out of some old starboard I had laying around from a previous project. The install was much more involved than I thought due to having to pull out all the old wiring and getting all the new wiring mounted and up out of the way of everything. I am really pleased with the final product and I really like the MC-1 option to set and save presets for the 4 different zones in the boat. 

While I was at it, I added in 2 more bow speakers in the hidden factory holes as well. My wife will be happy she finally gets to hear the music when cruising in the front of the boat now. 

I also broke down and bought a big Size 27 Optima blue top for my 2nd battery so I can have a much deeper reserve for sitting and listening to the stereo for longer periods of time. 

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

IMG_0663.jpeg

• Like 1

those hidden holes snd cutting the x is pretty cool, couldn't believe it was that easy as i was searching for ways to remove cushion easily 

• Like 1

@granddaddy55 Yes, I was surprised to learn here on the MC forums that I had factory holes already in place behind the cushions! Behind my factory cut holes was a ~1/4" fiberglass sheet material that covered 3/4 of the pre-cut holes. I used my occilating cutter tool to cut that out and it was a easier than expected install.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BCJohnsontx said:

@granddaddy55 Yes, I was surprised to learn here on the MC forums that I had factory holes already in place behind the cushions! Behind my factory cut holes was a ~1/4" fiberglass sheet material that covered 3/4 of the pre-cut holes. I used my occilating cutter tool to cut that out and it was a easier than expected install.  

my ‘14 axis was literally cut x and plug and play, no trimming and four screw holes already there

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I just did something similar to my 2001 Sunscape.. I bought the dash piece for the 06', and had a piece of carbon fiber cut out.

IMG_7593_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.dd08c71405d9a32e80de5b5d3697527c.jpeg

• Like 4
On 4/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, BCJohnsontx said:

I spent the weekend upgrading the old factory sony headunit to a Wetsounds MC-1 and the matching transom remote. There isn't a great place to mount the control panel so I had to make a panel out of some old starboard I had laying around from a previous project. The install was much more involved than I thought due to having to pull out all the old wiring and getting all the new wiring mounted and up out of the way of everything. I am really pleased with the final product and I really like the MC-1 option to set and save presets for the 4 different zones in the boat. 

While I was at it, I added in 2 more bow speakers in the hidden factory holes as well. My wife will be happy she finally gets to hear the music when cruising in the front of the boat now. 

I also broke down and bought a big Size 27 Optima blue top for my 2nd battery so I can have a much deeper reserve for sitting and listening to the stereo for longer periods of time.

What presets did you setup and / or how did you that?  Do you know if the presets include lighting? 

• Like 1
On 6/11/2021 at 1:58 PM, browneye253 said:

What presets did you setup and / or how did you that?  Do you know if the presets include lighting? 

The presets are just for volume. 

• Like 1