Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 axis cruise control/ digital gauge display

This is a two part question. 
1.   I  bought a used 2015 A24 axis. Took it out for the first time and noticed the digital display on the gauge cluster is very faded. But the faded portion is only on 1/2 of the display. 
Example:

when looking at the fuel gauge the full side is very faded and can bearly read it compared to the empty side of the gauge. This applies to both gauges. Any idea if water could of caused this or is this a issue with these gauges? 

2.  Cruise control was acting up. Just trying to confirm to activate cruise control push the cruise control switch. Which then pops up the desired speed. Adjust speed on dash if desired. Then just throttle up. Once cruise control activates a green light with a beep will happen? 
I’m assuming I don’t have GPS and only have the paddle wheel but how would I know for sure? 
thank you and sorry for all the basic questions. 

Momentarily push the Cruise toggle switch to turn the speed control on or off.  Push and hold the Cruise toggle switch for 3 seconds to switch between speed and RPM modes.  Push the Set Point toggle up or down to change the desired speed of RPM.  Make sure you use more than enough throttle to allow the Cruise to engauge.  I normally push the throttle all the way down after the Cruise beeps and engages.

The LCD backlight and contrast can be adjusted in menu mode.  Push and hold both buttons on the tech for 3 seconds to enter menu mode, then the left button will scroll to the next menu item and the right button will select a menu item.

Thank you for the reply. I did try to adjust the lightening and unfortunately 1/2 the screen is still very dim. It almost looks burned out....