Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glidecoat Ceramic Coating

I have been so impressed with the ceramic coating I put on my classic Vette I wanted to do it on our 2020 LSV 23. The boat arrived right before Memorial Day last year and had no time to do last summer so been doing the coating over the last few days. The coating I used on the Vette was wipe on, let slightly dry and wipe off. The Glidecoat is wipe on and immediately wipe off with two rags. WAY faster. The coating, like the other I used, Is like wiping on very light machine oil. I was nervous about the surface area of the Malibu vs a small car how long it would take. The boat with Glidecoat was maybe the same time but 2-3 times the surface area. The boats finish is still like new so for prep all I did was wipe down with alcohol. Shine is terrific but it looked great before but much more shine. But this really for me wasn’t about appearance vs how much cleaner the boat will stay. Surface has that glassy/waxy feel like the Vette does. I enjoy keeping my fun equipment sharp. She’ll go in the water today or tomorrow and will post my impression over the summer. Our boat is on a covered  lift from now till October. So only dirty lake water and grand kids to leave mess. The surface feels like the vette’s post ceramic application so I’m expecting to be very pleased. For the 23 it takes 3 kits to apply two coats. I bought 4 kits and will go over the interior at the dock. 3 might be enough but close. Lots of work but very satisfying when you stand back and look. It’s stunning. When you slide your fingers across a ceramic coated surface it feels so different, glides. I’ll keep y’all informed. All indications are that I’m really gonna like this. Cheers