Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bluetooth volume 2014 Malibu 20MXZ (HELP!! PLZ)

Kiwi01

Hey everyone.... I did search, I did see some great help.. But I didnt get the resolution I was hoping for. 

I have the stock interface for the 2014 Malibu (Rockfordfosgate RFX-MR5BB) I am having an issue figuring out why my Bluetooth volume is maybe half what the radio sound volume is. 

Firstly, Yes I have adjusted the volume on my iphone to full. I recently upgraded the amps so I'm at a loss as to what has happened in that time. is there something in the radio headunit interface that can be adjusted? 

Perhaps the bluetooth module wasnt correctly reinstalled? Any help would be great, This is my first Boat but not my first go around with audio.. Help haha

Are you using the rf dongle or the Malibu interface? I bought the Rf dongle and found that the quality (and loudness) is better through the dongle than the blackbox. 

I'll be honest and tell you that I have no idea what that is (Dongle). I am using the black box. What does this RF Dongle look like? not even sure i have it. 

53 minutes ago, Kiwi01 said:

I'll be honest and tell you that I have no idea what that is (Dongle). I am using the black box. What does this RF Dongle look like? not even sure i have it. 

I took a look, No.. I do not have that dongle. Can you tell me what the model number is, I may give that a try

When you tuned the new amps, did you tune using the bluetooth as your source, or other mode like tuner or USB? That bluetooth has the weakest output of all the source modes. 

59 minutes ago, MLA said:

When you tuned the new amps, did you tune using the bluetooth as your source, or other mode like tuner or USB? That bluetooth has the weakest output of all the source modes. 

I had the shop do that but this is a good point. 

• 4 weeks later...