Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Y Connection At Rear Port Side Vent Overflow Through Hole???

Johnny_v

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV. I’m installing the wakemakers piggyback 910 lbs system in each of the rear lockers. As I was going to remove the stock vent overflow from the port through hole, I realized there is a “Y” connection with some other ballast looking like hose connected to it before it goes to the trough hole. I traced it back, and it goes towards the engine compartment and then into a hole in what I believe is the stringer and starts to head towards the bow. Not sure how far up it goes. I only have a centre tank and no bow tank. Does anyone know what this hose is? Is it stock or did a previous owner do something here?? I don’t want to just tie into the Y where the stock vent overflow hose was before without knowing what the other hose is first. 

Please help!!

676E3813-980D-4CD3-A3EC-5BEDC123DEBE.jpeg

ACF53D56-215F-4D61-9036-418ACC7D4DEB.jpeg

FDCB80A1-6ED0-4D1E-8B60-C0EBA45ADB8D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find out that it is the center tank vent/overflow hose.  So the rear port tank and the center tank both share the same through hole with this "Y" connection.  I don't see any issues with that unless anyone else here has concerns??

Thanks for your help guys!

Does water ever come out of it when you takeoff?

The tank would never be above the vent hole once planing. I'm trying to imagine if the front of the tank would be above the vent hole when taking off so it would drain some.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I’m soooo sorry. Didn’t see this reply. Yes I just hooked up to the wye fitting and worked fine. 

Hopefully you’re up and going at this point.