Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Courtesy Lights

rakr

Most of the lights are burned out on the LSV I just bought. I’m planning on replacing all with LEDs and maybe adding a few. There are thousands of options out there. I chose Attwood only for the fact that they have a plant locally here... they also have two positions which might be helpful depending on where I put them. 

Any input before I pull the trigger?

Thanks! 

https://www.boatid.com/attwood/1-5-blue-oval-led-micro-light-with-stainless-steel-bezel-mpn-6350b7.html

Did the bulbs burn out or to all the fixtures need to be replaced? Fixing the first one may be cheaper.  Replacing all the fixtures is upgrading to new technology.

Edited by dlb

The bulbs burned out. The fixtures are a bit dated and the light that comes out of them isn’t great. Totally cheaper, but I’m tying to add some “modern” niceties to the boat. 

14 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Why not just change the bulbs to LEDs?

Not a bad idea, but the cover is pale yellow plastic, and I think I kind of want a “whiter” color. They aren’t too bad to get to. I’m having the emblems re-chromed and I’m doing a deep clean, so I taking some of the interior panels off regardless.