Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview Software Update

Does anyone know where I can find the Maliview software update?  The dealer said the newest version is MY2016 Wakesetter V12-2017 V1.zip but wont send it to me. He said they have to do it and I'd prefer not shell out $$ and drive 2 hours. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 4:47 AM, Tanglin said:

give me an email address and will send you the most recent zip file

Hi Tanglin

Would it be possible that you send me the files too? That would be great. I have a Malibu Wakesetter 22 VLX 2016 (current software version MY2016 v10-2016 V2)

my email address is: [email protected]

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Sharpag01 said:

Curious about this as well, have a 2012 MXZ and wondering if the software should be updated…

On 2014 and back I wouldn't update unless you are having a problem.

Personal opinion.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

On 2014 and back I wouldn't update unless you are having a problem.

Personal opinion.

Like Dad used to say "If it works, don't screw with it"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a problem this past weekend where i was scooting along at 25 MPH and then everythign shut off. Motor, Electornics, everythign. kinda freaked me out and was thinking maybe a update to the Maliview sysetm might help.  

4 hours ago, JMaddogT said:

I had a problem this past weekend where i was scooting along at 25 MPH and then everythign shut off. Motor, Electornics, everythign. kinda freaked me out and was thinking maybe a update to the Maliview sysetm might help.  

Check all of your main electrical cable connections on the batteries, starter, engine ground, and the helm power button instead.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, JMaddogT said:

8 hours ago, csleaver said:

Check all of your main electrical cable connections on the batteries, starter, engine ground, and the helm power button instead.

What csleaver said. Software should not have a thing to do with that at all.

• 11 months later...

According to service advisory MY21.Adv01.0730, 2020-2021 Malibu Wakesetter/M model boats with a version prior to 20200615_002_063 will require a manual update using a USB thumb drive.  OTA updates will be possible after that version, or higher, is installed.  The most recent software for 2020 Wakesetter/M models is ML2020_20210728_002_069.

Contact your dealer to have your software updated.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 9:47 PM, Tanglin said:

Do you have the file for 2009 24LSV we are having the screen freezing issue where it will work for a little bit then freeze up power cycling everything will fix it for a little bit until it freezes again.

On 4/14/2021 at 2:47 PM, Tanglin said:

Hi @Tanglin would you also be able to provide me with the file please. Phil(at)kiwipower.co.nz

It would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2009 21' Malibu Wakesetter VLX.  It has  about 280 hours on it.   

I am on vacation and started having a problem with the Maliview readouts.   The boat runs fine, but after recycling the power, I lose the tach, speed, and all the gauges for Oil, volt, temp, etc and the maliview freezes.   I shut down, turn off the battery and start again and it seems to work for a few minutes, then goes out.   Thus far the boat runs fine, I just can't use by cruise or wedge control, etc.

I have seen a number of posts that it is happening with many Malibu boats at close to 300 hours?  I see some that say it is the CAM plug and / or software and / or the ECM.

Any ideas of where to start?

1 hour ago, Taylor2199 said:

I see some that say it is the CAM plug and / or software and / or the ECM.

So, did you clean and inspect the possible connectors for crud or issues such as bent or pushed pins?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...