Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Response Lxi Air Filter

Does anyone know what replacement air filter to use for a 2007 Response Lxi? I do not see any threads on this topic so I hope it isn't a dumb question.:blush:

Not sure on exact timing, it appears most marinizers have changed from the proverbial metal mesh spark arrestor to a K&N filter.  Both are washable whether simply as noted with carb cleaner or by the method K&N recommends.

Thanks for the replies. My husband (mechanical engineer, rebuilds cars, etc) says it looks really dirty and could stand to be replaced. He says we can just take it out and bring it home with us so we will know what to purchase. But when I cover up the boat at the end of the weekend I always forget to take it out and bring back home with me. The boat stays at our weekend lake place. It's my boat and my husband is a Rockstar for supporting me in helping to maintain it. 

Next thing I need to look up on this forum is how to change the fuel filter. If someone can direct me to the best thread for that I would appreciate it. Or, I'm happy to spend a little time sifting through posts on the topic. 

Ya'll are always great to reply quickly with advice. Thanks so much!

Elissa

Edited by quinne

Here are a couple threads that might help...a link to the part is also in the first one:

Should be a similar procedure for any beautiful red, mint-condition Response on Badin Lake :biggrin:

Don't waste your time or money buying a new one.  Rather than remove the part from the boat to take home and forget on the next trip, it would be best to just buy that can of cleaner and remember to take it with you.

Searching this site is easy if you don't use the search tool on this site... try using a site-specific search in your favorite search engine.  For example, a Google search might be:

"change 2007 fuel filter site:www.themalibucrew.com" (without the quotes).

Look at you @drh showing up incognito online! Thanks for the info, super helpful. I should have just reached out to you directly. ;) 

I'm sure you saw my FB post that I'm now training up a certain little girl on driving that boat. She did great last weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you on the water soon!

• Like 2

@quinne Haha I normally try to help out of experience but didn't have any to offer for your question...had to give you a shout out on here once I realized it was you though. Good luck with your maintenance items - keep that boat running well so I can get few more pulls this year! :yes:

And I did see your post. That's awesome - she'll be towing you around in no time...can't wait to get back out there with y'all! Haven't even gotten my boat of storage yet...maybe this weekend.