Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Squirrel!!

braindamage

the joys of boat ownership. Squirrel somehow got into the boat over the winter and had a party!! I guess a winterized boat would be a sweet pad if you’re a squirrel!

somwhow it got in then traveled through the boat most likely through the vent system. Several of my vents are shredded.

Thankfully no damage to vinyl or noticeable carpet. I took it to the detailer today who says he can make it look pretty again!

he ran out this morning while I was cleaning up. We didn’t meet eye to eye, which I’m kind of happy/sad about. I might’ve tried to wrestle it and that probably wouldn’t have turned out well for either of us.

:rant::cry:

DD77EF30-D4ED-4455-8129-595FFD5736F6.jpeg

688CC36B-7C14-47B4-AA0B-D1D9B2EF6B74.jpeg

ACF3D7C5-B18A-4D5E-AA9B-64849731255C.jpeg

7F2676D0-ED59-4E1F-BAA8-019999249504.jpeg

E7A97B37-7550-4426-BCC0-330DFC252727.jpeg

CD56B113-7A04-44D9-B74B-752E29B76634.jpeg

Edited by braindamage
19 minutes ago, Stevo said:

That’s Nut’s

sorry had to. Bummer for sure, hopefully is just the vents and no electrical wiring 

I just quickly cleaned it up with my little shop vac but didn’t initially notice any wiring damage. I’ll have to do more inspection once it’s back from the detailer.

While not anywhere close to your situation, I had a bird lay 6 eggs on my cover sometime over the past month.  A couple hatched and made a nasty mess on the cover.  Thankfully noting got into the boat, but the cover is an absolute mess and my kids are freaked out!

1 hour ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Doesn’t look too bad to me............

It’s not the nuts, it’s the mess that comes from the squirrel eating the nuts and drinking water that’s the problem.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, braindamage said:

It’s not the nuts, it’s the mess that comes from the squirrel eating the nuts and drinking water that’s the problem.

Sorry my jokes are better in person... 🤷‍♀️

6 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Ugg. Was the boat outside?

Yep. Outside parked next to my garage under the blue tarp of sadness...same as the last 8 winters. Not sure why this particular squirrel was so insistent.

1 hour ago, braindamage said:

Yep. Outside parked next to my garage under the blue tarp of sadness...same as the last 8 winters. Not sure why this particular squirrel was so insistent.

I'm thinkin' the supply/production shortage has reached the squirrels. Only a matter of time really,

Steve B.

Edited by Steve B.
spelling
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

That could have been much worse!

I came face to face with an a squirrel in my attic.  That thing was HUGE.  I had a flashlight, on my stomach, trying to chase it out of the eave which we were closing it up after a long construction process.  I started yelling at him, and banging my old D cell maglight on the rafters, when suddenly the flashlight went dark.  I was panicking trying to get it to illuminate again and imagined that as soon as I lit it back up he would be 3 inches from my face in full pounce mode.  Fortunately that did not happen.  I eventually got him out of there.  About a month later I saw a squirrel cross the street, and believe it or not I recognized him as he went out of view around the back.  Wife was like "really, you can pick a squirrel out of a line up?  Come on...."  I went around the back and there he was, clinging to the corner of the second story, right where I chased him out of.

You should have hit it with your purse!

Maybe the squirrel wants to surf. It could have chose anywhere to nest. Squiggy has enchanted audiences for decades. Your new pal

could be the Squiggy of surfing ! I'm seeing dollar signs.

ahopkins22LSV

At least he didn't bring an entire oak tree of leaves in with him.

There are so many squirrels around here. Well, less after this spring. Somehow they keep dropping dead off my fence. :dontknow:

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Maybe the squirrel wants to surf. It could have chose anywhere to nest. Squiggy has enchanted audiences for decades. Your new pal

could be the Squiggy of surfing ! I'm seeing dollar signs.

Unfortunately I have a ski boat so no surf for squiggy2 😁

plus I’m still kind of emotional about the whole thing and am not sure I could be friends even with the prospect of huge $$ at my disposal.😏

10 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

At least he didn't bring an entire oak tree of leaves in with him.

There are so many squirrels around here. Well, less after this spring. Somehow they keep dropping dead off my fence. :dontknow:

I don’t have a fence...maybe I should build one. 🤔

I do have poison traps all over, but that mostly gets the chipmunks.

I use these when the squirrels start picking peaches and leaving them on the ground.  I have an old Savage .22 bolt single shot that handles them quite nicely, and the sound is roughly like clapping your hands together.  Just wait until the little bugger has a tree behind him so nothing leaves the yard.  And as I have mentioned before, I have a great Brunswick Stew recipe that calls for five squirrels.

spacer.png

• Like 2