Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 25 LSV surf settings

Greg_S

We picked up a new to us/used Bu this winter and are taking it out this weekend for the 1st time.

Coming from an 05 VLX I'm hoping I can just get it started properly.

Looking for wakesurf settings. I would think you load it 100% and go but would like to know if people have had better luck with the wave in other set ups. We all surf Goofy if that matters at all.

Well, biggest question is do you have PnP bags? If so, then you'll likely need a bit of weight up front to lengthen out the wave.

I had the 550lb PnP bags, all 4 factory hard tanks full, 650lb bag in the walkway, wedge 3-4 clicks up from lift, 11.2-11.4mph worked great for us when we had a small crew. Less water needed if the boat is full of people. 

41 minutes ago, gorilla said:

Well, biggest question is do you have PnP bags? If so, then you'll likely need a bit of weight up front to lengthen out the wave.

I had the 550lb PnP bags, all 4 factory hard tanks full, 650lb bag in the walkway, wedge 3-4 clicks up from lift, 11.2-11.4mph worked great for us when we had a small crew. Less water needed if the boat is full of people. 

yes on the Pnp Bags. I'll load it up and see how we go. If we're high up front is it better to drain tanks a little or adjust the wedge?

thx for the reply!

4 hours ago, Greg_S said:

yes on the Pnp Bags. I'll load it up and see how we go. If we're high up front is it better to drain tanks a little or adjust the wedge?

thx for the reply!

Adjust 1 at a time, but you'll probably need a combo of both...less water and less wedge. 

Once you get it dialed......you'll be very happy with the result. We loved ours, surfing behind other boats isn't the same. 

Edited by gorilla

Optimal surf settings I’ve found are as follows.

17- 25lsv , 450 with 3077 prop

wakemakers 750pnp bags 100%

100%  hard tank ballast

500lbs of lead (spaced as follows )

100lbs in bow under hard tank in front by the eye hook

150 under the helm behind the sub.

250 in the port ski locker as far forward as possible.

wedge 2-3 clicks up from lift when surfing starboard (goofy) 3-4 clicks when surfing port side (regular) 

wave is dialed at 10.8 -11.2 depending on the rider.

27 minutes ago, Greg_S said:

Stevo

How did you get bags in bow under hard tank in front by the eye hook and behind the sub?

Remove 3 cushions , remove 4 screws to expose hard tank ,loosen pipe clamp on fill/drain. Remove hard tank, 

shove bags in bow, get a tiny hand person strong enough to hold/move an50lb lead bag around while you re install the hard tank.