Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing the carbon fiber instrument panels for my 1999 Malibu Sportster LX.

Owner

I am replacing the carbon fiber instrument panels for my 1999 Malibu Sportster LX, and they have clouded and turned white. Please advise if anyone knows where these can be purchased, and the process for removing. Many thanks, Todd Gillespie

14 minutes ago, Owner said:

I am replacing the carbon fiber instrument panels for my 1999 Malibu Sportster LX, and they have clouded and turned white. Please advise if anyone knows where these can be purchased, and the process for removing. Many thanks, Todd Gillespie

Welcome to the crew.

The panel is held in by the small round-head hex screws.  The "Carbon Fiber" is a spray pattern on a plastic part, as far as I can tell.  Try removing it and wiping it with a clean rag soaked in acetone to see if you can remove the oxidation.

Use the existing panel as a template and cut a new one out of ABS sheet or alumalite panel (available at most sign shops).  Or if your existing panel is not damaged or cracked, wrap it in 3M vinyl wrap (you can get a scrap from any vehicle wrapping place) can choose any pattern/color you want that way.