Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop turns slow in Neutral

Patrickonthelake

2007 Response LXi. When the boats ins neutral the prop is still spinning a little. It’s enough that if I’m at a dock I have to kill the engine since it would be difficult to hold it without moving forward. Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Thanks in advance. 

This is definitely more than a normal slow prop movement or exhaust. I would guess the prop is rotating at over 200 rpm. Two people sitting on a dock would struggle to keep ahold of it. Any other suggestions would be very helpful
thanks

Did a quick google search, from what read there is a cutch pack involved, lazy prop would be caused by there being some drag across the clutch faces.  Either adjustment, wear, or wrong/old fluid.  On a warm enough day for the fluid to flow I would change it being sure that you are putting in what the manual calls for in the transmission.  Run it on the lake a bit and see if it gets better.

I had an issue like this on my '93 Prostar.  Ended up with a re-built transmission and a large bill.  The plates were "slipping" on mine, but it wasn't worth the risk of having kids back there for me not to fix it.