Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Injector Service Report

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

My boat doesn't "make oil" so I don't think the leaking is too bad, but I had three injectors that had failed and were just leaking down so they couldn't even really be flow tested.  The other 5 all had issues with spray pattern not being optimal.

I'm super excited to get these guys back in and head to the lake.  I've always felt like I was leaving a little performance on the table.  I need to play hooky someday this week, then @kdspindl gonna get after it on the skinny sticks again!  :)

These injectors are 20 years old.

$155 round trip shipped not bad.

PXL_20210329_220120411.jpg

That’s a win 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Bozboat said:

That’s a win 👍🏼

I thought so too... only problem now is I had one o-ring that didn't want to cooperate and because I'm a gorilla, I forced it home and took a chunk out of it.  Replacement costing me $2.25 and a day of productivity.  Thanks Amazon Prime!  The chunked o ring would probably work... but we've seen how a stupid o ring can cause catastrophic failures before...

Mine are on their way tomorrow to injectorrepair, about the same price. Hopefully a good cleaning will help. Also hoping the all test ok, one isn’t bad, but those little suckers start adding up quick. 

How many hrs. on your injectors guys? I'm around 800 hr. and 19 years. Just thinking. Engine seems to run fine, but #2 plug came out a bit blacker than the rest last year. Plugs were 8 years old but checked and cleaned at winterizing every year. New plugs, cap, and rotor did go in at the last winterizing.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:46 AM, electricjohn said:

How many hrs. on your injectors guys? I'm around 800 hr. and 19 years. Just thinking. Engine seems to run fine, but #2 plug came out a bit blacker than the rest last year. Plugs were 8 years old but checked and cleaned at winterizing every year. New plugs, cap, and rotor did go in at the last winterizing.

500 hours on my ECM, so I believe that's what the boat has on it.  Engine was replaced around the 250 hour mark.  Presumably they just moved the injectors from the donor engine to the new.

Picked up a bit of top end with the injector fix.  Holeshot feels about the same.  I was expecting slightly better holeshot, but I'm also running a completely full gas tank right now, which I almost never have.

Got out twice since having injectors cleaned.    First thing I noticed was it doesn’t want to die when shifting into gear when cold.   Runs a bit smoother and feels like it has a bit better hole shot.    I’m running a 911 prop for surfing so top end isn’t really a concern but I imagine it’s better.    I think it should clear up the occasional running a bit rough.