Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oakley Prizm Polarized-Shallow water or Deep Water lens

Ryan1776

I suppose this might be an acceptable place to put this. 

I tried asking this question on the Oakley forums and jeebus...it's like getting a straight answer out of a politician. 

I'm trying to decide between these two lens. Does anyone have any experience with them?
First. I don't fish. Ever. Never ever. I don't even own a rod.

Inland lake 240ish acers. Pretty good lake bottom topography, stumps etc. 
I'm simply trying to determine which lens would be best for what we do. Wakeboarding, surfing. Various weather conditions, cloudy, partly cloudy, sunny. 
Maneuvering into the sandbar etc. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Ryan 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I only have experience with the prizm, but they are amazing. White lake has a bunch of shallow spots and points and you can see them clear as day. 

OK!  But just the prizm polarized? Not the specific Shallow or Deep water? That's some good feedback! 
I've never been on White Lake, but Loon has the same topography it sounds. 

What color lens did you get? There's a host of different available colors. Which I'm sure change how the light is transmitted through. 

Edited by Ryan1776

Go with the Maritime Prizm lenses for out on the water.  I have 2 pairs and whenever I need another pair I will buying the same maritime prizm lenses.  I wear them all over the place not specifically just the water and they work great. 

37 minutes ago, ajf4242 said:

Go with the Maritime Prizm lenses for out on the water.  I have 2 pairs and whenever I need another pair I will buying the same maritime prizm lenses.  I wear them all over the place not specifically just the water and they work great. 

I don't see that lens in the frames I'm interested in. I do see Optics planet has them in Gascan. Never heard of that lens. Interesting though. 

Here is what I buy.  If you're a veteran or a couple of other qualifiers you can buy from standard issue and they give some decent discounts off glasses.  Typically 25-40% off.  

https://www.galls.com/oakley-si-fives-squared-1?PMOPV1=MARI&PMSRCE=GAPLA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9YWDBhDyARIsADt6sGYCeUAzPeJZKSbHHQFJVqm-b0mouasNDBmbQhrNB525Vf7v4Mnx2vAaAkFIEALw_wcB

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Ryan1776 said:

OK!  But just the prizm polarized? Not the specific Shallow or Deep water? That's some good feedback! 
I've never been on White Lake, but Loon has the same topography it sounds. 

What color lens did you get? There's a host of different available colors. Which I'm sure change how the light is transmitted through. 

Yes the standard prizm polarized. And I don’t remember. Black or grey or something. 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yes the standard prizm polarized. And I don’t remember. Black or grey or something. 

29 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

+1 on the prizm lenses. I just got a fresh pair last week. I've had the silver coated for 4 years and now no color with the same great results. 

Thanks to you both. Do either of you know if the color of the lens actually matters? Or is that simply personal choice?