Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV plug N play ballast install

Kennethcole

Hey crew, just bought a 2015 and struggling to get my back locker install figured out. It doesn’t look normal based on videos and pics I’ve seen, only one plug n play hook up. Looking forward to sharing more pics once I get this on the water! 

Any videos or advice welcome! 

Welcome to the forum!!!  

Shoot me a PM. I did my LSV bags a while back and took a bunch of pics. I’ve since sold the boat. Let’s swap #s and I’ll text you all my pics. And yes it’s confusing on how to install it.  I’ll help 

• 4 months later...

I have a 2015 I just bought.  It came with pnp but no bags installed.  Will my pnp bags (850s iirc) from my 2014 23 lsv work?

picked up my old bags yesterday and installed them easily into my new 2015.  crazy to think the previous owner never used PNP bags as the wave was basically unrideable IMHO with less that 10 people in the boat in stock configuration.  Now I need to add an extra bag in the bow under the seats to be totally dialed.  A quick look and I didn't find any PNP plumbing up there so I'll have to figure out how to get them installed.

Edited by PNWoke
  • 3 months later...

I have a 2015 also, and just tried the bags this summer.  One leaked out into the bilge in about 20 minuets and both have severely kinked hoses underneath and on top.  I’m going to try and re-route them this winter but I’m curious.  1. Why doesn’t Malibu make one larger tank there instead of having to use bags.  2. Does anyone know of a PNP hard tank that I could set on top of the factory tank so I can get better hose runs.  I don’t need the locker storage and these hose runs with bag changing shape all the time is a pain.