Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Axis A22 gauge says no ecm data, any help??

AxisA22Florida

My guess is a bad connection somewhere.  Clean the bus bars and other connections under the dash, then check the cannon plug at the engine to make sure it is clean and making good contact at each pin.  Maybe also clean the engine grounds at the ends of the heads. 

I had a similar issue. Turned out to be a bad battery. Mine is a dual battery setup. ECM is wired directly to one battery bypassing the perko switch. That battery was almost completely dead. The second battery was good. I started the boat set to the good battery and didn’t realize the ecm was pulling only on the bad battery which was out of circuit. Dash said no ecm data. Shut it down. Moved switch to the both setting and everything worked fine. I then replaced the bad battery.

Side note- I have no idea why Malibu wires the ecm direct to battery. 

Turns out there’s a fuse by the battery that goes straight to the ECM and the fuse holder was bad and needed replaced, thanks for all the info