Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Speakers to 2009 Response Lx

TheperfectV

So I picked up a 2009 response Lx last week with 300 hours on it. It had no stereo or speakers from the factory. I have installed speakers in our last couple boats so I was not worried. I found the holes behind the leather in the rear but not the front. Then I realized the speakers are supposed to be dash mounted. I am really conflicted here on what to do. Should i cut in the dash mount speakers? I understand that also requires taking the windshield out. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

LX, or LXI?

I did our install in our 2008 LXI.  Had factory speakers, forced wetsounds 6" speakers into hte dash without windshield removal.  Took 2 people, but possible.  And 2008 windshield is glued on....so removal isn't something i wanted to mess with.

I like the sound from dash ones better than the others, so i'd recommend you cut and install.  It's not really that difficult to cut that material, a sharp utility knife would do it.  Measure twice, cut once.

Post pics of your boat and dash.