Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding LEDs - Need Advice on connecting to ACC Switch

Taffy

Hi All,

I’m adding LEDs tIMG_6922.jpg.bf7b361776d274783c2786477c45a247.jpgo my interior – I have two A CC rocker switches and stuck on how to hook up. Pictures below, the yellow acts as a bridge between the two. Any ideas on how to hook into this? Help is really appreciated 

IMG_6921 (1).jpg

Pictures took over:-) 

Hi All,

I’m adding LEDs to my interior – I have two ACC rocker switches and stuck on how to hook up. Pictures below, the yellow acts as a bridge between the two. Any ideas on how to hook into this? Any help is very much appreciated

If using single color LEDs, you just need to find the switched 12V output of an unused switch and connect the LEDs B+ to that terminal and the LEDs B- to a ground. If using RGB, then you need an RGB controller. You can then use an ACC switch to power ON/OFF the RGB controller. 

I have used the XKGlow Bluetooth controller on my two previous boats.  You can control everything on your phone via their app.  I simply wired the controller to a switch at the helm.  Once turned on you can control all your leds with the phone app. 

On 3/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, Taffy said:

Pictures took over:-) 

Hi All,

I’m adding LEDs to my interior – I have two ACC rocker switches and stuck on how to hook up. Pictures below, the yellow acts as a bridge between the two. Any ideas on how to hook into this? Any help is very much appreciated

The yellow should provide 12V to the switch at the middle terminal.  Like they said above, choose the open terminal beside the yellow wire that has 12V when the switch is on.  The terminal is normally on the opposite end of the direction the switch throws.