Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Still trying to figure out this connector 2008 WS 247

Ok so this mystery connector in my ski locker goes back to this module under the dash any ideas?  Nothing near it in ski locker to connect with.  What is this module?

PXL_20210320_231945090.jpg

PXL_20210320_232259823.jpg

MDC is a marine data concentrator.  Part of the Medallion family of DACs.  Do you have a paddlewheel for speed?  Or a depth gauge?  Those are two common uses of that box.

1 hour ago, WGjames said:

Thanks I don't see that if or wire colors but I'll keep looking.  I wonder if this drawing exists for Malibu's?

Only at a dealer's AFAIK.  Not sure why MC's are so readily available on the Interwebs.  But as I said, same system (MEdallion) so a lot of the info should be transferable.  And it would not surprise me if BH Electronics in TN did the harnesses for Malibu as well.  Which gives me an idea:  send that picture to BH (Patrick Industries).  Or ask a Malibu dealer.

1 hour ago, csleaver said:

That plug looks like it goes to a medallion gauge.  If it is then it should have a white/red wire, black wire, yellow wire, and blue wire.

Loks like Orange, brown and white - some with stripes.  Those should be traceable in the diagrams.

Edited by Eagleboy99
Spelling

Malibu doesn't really have wiring diagrams, they have engineering drawings of the harness and connectors from the harness builder with harness length, pin location, connector type, wire colors at the connector, and sometimes lists the component the connector goes to.  I was unable to find anything in those drawings that shows a connector like the one in the picture.  The wire colors at the connector may help, though.

@WGjames

Can you tell us what color the wires are on this connector?

I found one connector in the locker with orange, gray and black/brown. In addition there is a white with red on the connector going to a different termination.

Wht/red. 

Ong/blk 

Grey/blk I will try and get a little better picture later I remember the white and red is cut halfway down so it's not going anywhere

Screenshot_20210403-094054.png