Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M6 oil change

Anxiously awaiting my new axis with the M6. I have been searching on here and can’t seem to find what guys are using for oil/filter combo. I will have dealer do the initial change but we put enough hours on I usually do my own throughout the season. Curious what everyone is using?

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, hethj7 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.da0e07d9cced6e383ca1b0306f2502fe.jpeg

Yup or this WIX Filters - 57214 Heavy Duty... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016O9UPA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Then I’ve been going with whatever is the cheapest 5W-30 full synthetic oil I can get from Walmart when I need it. Also as it’s dexos2 rated, which almost all are, it’s good to go!

• Like 2

I was told they switched the filter size on the M6.  For the first oil changes on our 2020 we used the 57214.  Due to a cooling issue last year, the dealer swapped out the accessory drive on the engine (which includes the filter) and it now takes a wix 51212.  The tech told me that is what they were using moving forward.  YMMV

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yup or this WIX Filters - 57214 Heavy Duty... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016O9UPA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Then I’ve been going with whatever is the cheapest 5W-30 full synthetic oil I can get from Walmart when I need it. Also as it’s dexos2 rated, which almost all are, it’s good to go!

How many quarts has your M5 been taking?

ahopkins22LSV
25 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

This is not meant to be a smarta reply, but whatever the manual states. I don't remember off the top of my head.

10 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

Buy 2 gallons, add back what you took out.  Fire it up.  Check the dipstick and add accordingly.  Between 5 and 6 quarts IIRC....

ahopkins22LSV
9 minutes ago, dlb said:

Buy 2 gallons, add back what you took out.  Fire it up.  Check the dipstick and add accordingly.  Between 5 and 6 quarts IIRC....

That’s the process I use. I though the M series holds more like the GM trucks which I think is 8 quarts but maybe it doesn’t or it doesn’t fully drain. 

38 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That’s the process I use. I though the M series holds more like the GM trucks which I think is 8 quarts but maybe it doesn’t or it doesn’t fully drain. 

It’s March, last August is more than a distant memory..... IIRC....

• Like 1