Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 24mxz questions

smuurph84

A friend of mine is looking at buying a 2017 24mxz 300 hrs with basically every option. Is there any warranty items / model year issues he needs to be aware of?  I’m hoping some current  mxz owners on here will chime in. He is between the 17 mxz or building a 2021 A24 ? As price would be close to the same . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

CAT bricks on those Indmar motor manifolds can be an issue. Expensive fix out of warranty.

Also, if hes thinking about building a 2021 Axis, hes probably out of luck, he'll need to wait until 2022.

Edited by COOP

Dealer has a slot for him ( would not take delivery in June for the axis. And he is ok with that since he doesn’t close on his Lakehouse till June  ). I’m no engine guy  and I don’t think he is either , but is there a way to inspect them? No screen issues with the 17s right? Thanks again for the help . 

the Malibu will have 1 year left on the warranty with 3 more of extended.

tough decision for sure

easy decision with a good dealer , buy the new boat and get a full warranty with no fee for transfer, though simplistic a new a24 Axis is a very modern wakeboat along with a quiet and efficient new motor

I have a 2017 22 mxz..only screen  issue I've had is will using bluetooth from phone to boat it will sometimes lock the screens and you had shut the boat down to reset (it wasnt deploying the wake features)  Im sure there is a bug fix to download...we just plug in direct to a usb in "glove box"