Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

515 prop wanted. Where to buy from? (ship to NZ)

Ok so first use of our new to us 2003 RXLi and and we had a minor oopsie. Lake was low and not quite enough depth at the ramp. It'll be repairable however now thinking I should get a spare ASAP.  Any suggestions of a store that'll ship to New Zealand?

Action Water Sports right there in Christchurch doesn't have them? I would think they have those handy?  Seems it would be a whole lot faster to get one local, given how long it takes to get things from overseas here right now.

10 minutes ago, asnowman said:

Action Water Sports right there in Christchurch doesn't have them? I would think they have those handy?  Seems it would be a whole lot faster to get one local, given how long it takes to get things from overseas here right now.

Tried NZ distributor but none in stock (Propeller Services).

Emailed Action Water but no reply yet.

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Wakemakers in Oregon USA will ship internationally for about 90 USD.  Or try Eric and https://www.ojprops.com/ for their equivalent.

Thanks for your reply. Wakemakers have good price.   I'll ask OJ. 

1 minute ago, uk_exile said:

Tried NZ distributor but none in stock (Propeller Services).

Emailed Action Water but no reply yet.

in that case i would say what @Eagleboy99 said or try Bakes.  

6 hours ago, Bozboat said:

Bakes online

What makes it so hard to ship to you?

DHL is pretty fast

Nothing really, just expensive shipping from USA to NZ. Several times the cost for same item from elsewhere in world. Of course ACME only available from USA so stuck with the cost. Even so it's significantly lower total cost for a prop than local dealers as there's been several hands clipping the tickets before it gets to them.    

Generally shipping to NZ is also now a bit slower to a lot slower now with Covid. I frequently buy stuff from China and budget shipping used to take 2-3weeks. With Covid it's now 3 months! Not sure how much USA to NZ times has changed. Hopefully not that much!

1 hour ago, Chaabo said:

Thanks however that's a 525. My RLXi has Monsoon 340 (335hp?) so perhaps too low pitch.  Did however see some other props on there, although at the prices they're asking it's looking better that I buy from Wakemakers. At least then I'd have easier time if it's damaged or lost in shipping.  

Update: Have decided to buy a new 515 prop from wakemakers. Was only small extra cost over the private offers that I received and it's less risk than private purchase, easier to resolve if damaged in transit, etc