Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Mister option question

BigCreek

31 minutes ago, BigCreek said:

Quick and easy - Does the Mister draw from an on-board fresh water tank, or does it draw from the lake (or the brack/salt water)?

onboard tank, supposed to fill with distilled water

1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

How big is the tank and how long it last? I know I am not the only one wondering!

I was told its sufficient for a "day" on the lake, used to cool people down when sitting still, so basically at rider changes.  

I understood a day to be 6-7 hours, but was told they had not drained the tank in that amount of time.

It’s a sizeable tank under the port side rear corner seat, my opinion on the option is Meh.. here’s why.

1-if it’s hot. So hot that we need misters, we are going to be in the water. And there will be towels on the vinyl just getting unnecessarily wet

2- my quad tower speakers are going to get soaked. 

3- if it’s on the M-series you are giving up more sub floor storage (which is quite limited to begin with) IMHO. 

Dollar Store - squirt bottles are, uh.. a dollar.  Mencken was right.  I have a mist system that hooks onto the patio table umbrella.  Cost me $20 IIRC - we never use it 'cause it makes the taco chips soggy.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. Can't see spending that kind of money, or getting any amount of relief by spraying pre-heated mist onto everything that we've been trying to keep dry-ish. 

While not all new ideas are good ideas, I'll take a couple of duds while working to come up with some real winners. 

On 3/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, Stevo said:

It’s a sizeable tank under the port side rear corner seat, my opinion on the option is Meh.. here’s why.

1-if it’s hot. So hot that we need misters, we are going to be in the water. And there will be towels on the vinyl just getting unnecessarily wet

2- my quad tower speakers are going to get soaked. 

3- if it’s on the M-series you are giving up more sub floor storage (which is quite limited to begin with) IMHO. 

Not sure if its the same system, but my MC 300 had it, and it was also useless if there was even the slightest breeze. The boat and air had to be dead still for the mist to actually cover the cockpit. 

This is for the older boats without all the fancy hardware.

I use a 2 gallon garden sprayer with a pump. attach a stringer of mister nozzles to the Bimini top. 

It needed an adapter (sprayer to hose) But it works great. Albeit you have to pump it up once in awhile.

While sitting still it sprays the spotter and driver. while moving it sprays the skiers in the back seat.

I also use distilled water to keep the nozzles from clogging. 

I only install this when at Lake Havasu or the  lower Colorado river.

the air is so dry here it does not soak the seats or lunch. The water evaporates quickly.

Edited by Rack