Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Patiently waiting...,

zhuskers1

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Resin is a global problem now. On of the largest mfgs in the world of pumps can't get resin and they don't even produce in the US.

This. I have a friend whos company does buildings for Bas Pro. They cant get resin to make the fake log cabin wall pieces.

2 hours ago, COOP said:

This. I have a friend whos company does buildings for Bas Pro. They cant get resin to make the fake log cabin wall pieces.

Matter of time.. shortage is expected to last up to 2 yrs.. boat industry is a small customer/user of resin.. about the same as car companies are with microchips

Now ee have builders here stockpiling thousands of sheets of drywall as it's skyrocketing each month and they can't afford future price hikes with locked in commercial bids and plan to save for future home builds. I suspect home construction will decline quickly as everyone is changing to cost + X% mark-up impossible to quote these days let alone get all items in a timely fashion. 

18 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

@The Hulk you are definitely sponsored by Team Glass Half Empty.

His point about building materials is valid.  Extremely valid.  It's only getting worse as our government continues to print money, devalue the dollar, and issue another $3T in infrastructure spending later this year.  It's going to send us back to the 80's in terms of rates and hyperinflation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just heard from our dealer that our April 12 build date for a 23 LSV has not changed (yet). Ordered in October, however they knew by September we were going to order a new boat in the Fall. I suspect they locked in a spot for us back then before we had finished all the paperwork and color selections.

Keeping fingers crossed it does not slip...

@jhillard. I will keep fingers crossed. We ordered late October and got June 1 start . We ordered an A24. I have learned from this group that there are a ton of variables with models and dealers etc . I live where summers are short but I’m happy it’s not even later. Some buyers from our dealer are July or august delivery. My dealer had orders for over 50 A24’s alone and equal lsv 23s. And I’m in Utah, not the biggest population center. I’m just glad that finally know now so I can make plans. We sold our last a24 and have nothing until the new one arrives 

6 minutes ago, Ozmoke72 said:

Letter from Malibu, sorry if it’s duplicate post

FA265B41-EC85-4570-B598-6C78F26BC9BB.jpeg

Wow.. Not entirely unexpected.  This is going to add fire to the already hot used market.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, gregtay said:

Wow.. Not entirely unexpected.  This is going to add fire to the already hot used market.

Maybe, but as one of the people who ordered in October and was given a mid-April spray date that’s turned into a mid-June spray date, I’ve already waited this long...

I can’t speak for others, but I bought a new one for a reason. 

Parts, supply chain, and pricing will all regress to the mean eventually. 

-Patiently Waiting...

48 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Parts, supply chain, and pricing

Local ski/bike shop I was in today has a sign saying "We only sell parts that we will install here due to supply chain issues."  They had lots of MTB/enduro parts and I'm sure they will do well once the shortages relly kick in.

My father in law, who has been in construction for 40+ years and knows everyone at the mixing plant, just called to place a concrete order to pour a pad for a boat garage we are going to build. We were told they are not taking orders right now because they can’t get powder to make the concrete. They said to call back every day and hopefully they will have answers soon.

I ordered in September, was initially told March 1st.  Now planning on April 8th.......which still would make me extremely happy if it actually happens.:unsure:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, surfdude said:

Spray date, 6/21/21 . I ordered in October!😬

4 hours ago, surfdude said:

23 lsv 

I'm really bummed now...we probably ordered from the same dealer.  I think I was the last build slot, signed the build sheet for a 23 LSV in late February and was told it would probably be delivered late June or early July.  I can't even guess when it will show up now or what year it will actually be. 

And people thought it was just  a lil TX weather hiccup. I'd invest in Dupont now! unmanageable demand. But frankly it's global beyond belief. Like I said resin is being rationed across the entire globe right now.. 

Sadly inflation is skyrocketing and on pace to hit 30-40+% in most industries.. see the note hint that pricing hikes unlike anything seen before. Actually commodities have gone up 20-40% in months but the produced goods metal pipe/extrusion copper wire,chips have been going to 200-400%.  It's simple not sustainable IMO. Something's gotta give soon. Maybe we're seeing it?

Many large corporations around here are getting ready to shut down for several weeks some have already gone that route. This may help to thwart demand and some portion of inflation but the 2T+ infrastructure will further increase commodity prices in the short term. Lots of free govnt money 💰 that will need wasted on overpriced materials first.

There is no doubt people at going to get a crap ton poorer this year. makes me sick. Look at gas and groceries in the past month alone. An now let's hit malibu with a much higher corporate tax burdon next year along with all corporations for that matter. Guess who's going to pay for it?.. the consumer with much higher prices .

And we haven't even printed the next stimulus or infrastructure yet.. 

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 2

Agree on pretty much all points.

We're having a record year on top of last year's record year, but we're all going to pay for this down the road. We can't afford the spending we've been doing let alone this stimulus. Think about it like this...would any of us make these financial decisions in our personal lives? Yuck. I do not mean to make this political.

Meanwhile my boat is still scheduled to spray next week. Crossing my fingers!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, tjklein said:

Agree on pretty much all points.

We're having a record year on top of last year's record year, but we're all going to pay for this down the road. We can't afford the spending we've been doing let alone this stimulus. Think about it like this...would any of us make these financial decisions in our personal lives? Yuck. I do not mean to make this political.

Meanwhile my boat is still scheduled to spray next week. Crossing my fingers!

Your MY2021 will sell for more than you paid next year considering the forthcoming hikes! This could have possible been the best year to buy or should I say received.. should be interesting 🤣

Similar situation in car market I think I read used car prices in avg are 17+% higher. Crazy.

13 hours ago, The Hulk said:

And people thought it was just  a lil TX weather hiccup. I'd invest in Dupont now! unmanageable demand. But frankly it's global beyond belief. Like I said resin is being rationed across the entire globe right now.. 

Sadly inflation is skyrocketing and on pace to hit 30-40+% in most industries.. see the note hint that pricing hikes unlike anything seen before. Actually commodities have gone up 20-40% in months but the produced goods metal pipe/extrusion copper wire,chips have been going to 200-400%.  It's simple not sustainable IMO. Something's gotta give soon. Maybe we're seeing it?

Many large corporations around here are getting ready to shut down for several weeks some have already gone that route. This may help to thwart demand and some portion of inflation but the 2T+ infrastructure will further increase commodity prices in the short term. Lots of free govnt money 💰 that will need wasted on overpriced materials first.

There is no doubt people at going to get a crap ton poorer this year. makes me sick. Look at gas and groceries in the past month alone. An now let's hit malibu with a much higher corporate tax burdon next year along with all corporations for that matter. Guess who's going to pay for it?.. the consumer with much higher prices .

And we haven't even printed the next stimulus or infrastructure yet.. 

Curious, what large corporations around you are shutting down for several weeks?

11 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Your MY2021 will sell for more than you paid next year considering the forthcoming hikes! This could have possible been the best year to buy or should I say received.. should be interesting 🤣

Similar situation in car market I think I read used car prices in avg are 17+% higher. Crazy.

We have passed out right around 17% increases to all of our RV manufacturers so far this year due to the increases in our plastic sheet.  This is all because of the resin issues.  We have heard and are hoping the resin issues might get corrected about midsummer, but still not positive.