Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What winter projects have you done?


Recommended Posts

glad i already did all all of this as we are in the 80’s this weekend so surfing/riding begins

4 spot gel coat repairs with spectrum gel coat

replaced left rear SG actuator

clean wax and seal wax coats even under boat and between bunks (even clean waxed the black exhaust ports  and flappers -beautiful black now) as well as all stainless vents snd stainless hardware including swim deck supports snd entire wedge assembly)

pig spit the wrinkle black on tower -wow does that look good !!! 

full interior vinyl cleaning snd scrub with conditioner after, finally wiped off excess babes conditioner before it dried which makes the cushions far less slippery then when i failed to do so

tightened all bunk lag bolts on trailer as well as checked tightness of all running gear inside and outside 

cover went to canvas shop yesterday for annual tune up from wear due to highway speeds trailering 

cleaned and reattached falling carpet after scraping and solving invasion dirt and old water affected glue from back of carpet snd hull in rear lockers snd forward to tower inside of cabin(had to remove both side cushions on starboard cabin side) caused by rub rail leaks from my list surfing .  siliconed inside to prevent further intrusion and used 3m spray adhesive on hull and carpet back ( they must make join holes in molds to mount top to bottom of hull,  everywhere a hole was not used snd did not have black silicone, the water came in through those holes in top lip of bottom hull)

fixed my fa 10 sub which had to be pulled from my star board sub wall (after checking amp output first switching speaker wire blocks with tower output),  wasn't playing unless i laid it on its face, soon as i picked it up it stopped , so figured it was wire connection, it wasnt loose but the stud that plastic nut tightens down on was corroded, cleaned it and voila, solved.  then as per ron at WS he had me bridge my SD4 to run the Fa10 bridged at 685, with an appropriate amp tune,  sounds awesome now

Gee thx @formulaben😡🤔🤓, checked the swim deck brackets on hull by moving swim deck, seems that the bracket is moving at top between 1/32 and 1/16th (barely moving but it is moving). so next project is to pull top pin, work a closed end of 3/4 wrench up through bottom of support bracket, turn the inside nut until wrench seats on hex head bolt and then tighten from inside (bolt has already worm through carpet and will have to slightly cut carpet to get to the nut) 

trying not to remove platform as my wife is likely to say no thx if asked to help in the removal and i do not want to do it alone

 

Edited by granddaddy55
Link to post

Waiting on full tune up, but that will happen soon. Plugs, wires, fuel filter, cap, rotor, oil change, etc.. 

Finally stripped and buff the old registration #s off and installed new with matching font to the "Malibu" on the side. 

Before I put her up for winter, I buffed the entire boat. 

Still plan to address the small surface rust on the trailer and paint the whole trailer black, instead of white. 

Cleaned the carpet. 

Ordered Cover from Evolution covers to get rid of my cheap crap cover that ponds water all the time. 

Edited by Skbishop
Link to post

Going to get the ECM reprogrammed.  Change the impeller and put new registration stickers on it.  That should be about it before the season starts in may?

Link to post

New strut bushing

New fuel lines

Repaired stern lights

Level floors

New flooring material

New exhaust hoses

Possibly: cleaned fuel injectors

  • Like 1
Link to post

Haven't started yet, but going to replace the trailers actuator and brake calipers/pads. Bimini of some type. Further down the road projects are injector cleaning/replacement and then carpet.

Steve B.

Link to post

I just said screw it and ordered a new boat....

 

However, I did pull the engine on our 1988 JS 650SX.  It's on the bench getting rebuilt now.  Should finish honing the jugs and getting it all back together tonight.  The balance of the required work on our RLXi is simply a deep clean for this season.  I have some work to do on the trailer over the summer when the boat is on the hoist.  Namely new wheel bearings, bearing buddies, new lighting and rewiring, and replacement of the wheel well covers on the inside of the fenders.  They're missing fasteners and the plywood is rotted, so I'll rebuild, cover with new carpet, and replace.  I think the PO of the boat had a tire blow out at some point.  The fastener tabs on the fender are all bent up and need to be adjusted to allow for the new plywood to be installed correctly.  I'll also be changing the transmission fluid this spring before the boat gets wet.  

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...