Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding heater extending tube? Y vs T intake?

uk_exile

Just picked up my new Response LXi. It's a 2003 Australian built and has a two outlet heater. One at drivers feet and other in walkway. Walkway outlet doesn't have an extending tube though. Is it possible to add one? If so who sells the parts?

Years ago we had an older Response LX and I'm fairly sure the water takeoff on engine was a Y, this one has a T. Does the T work as well? I recall something about issues while idling.

Does the Tee have an orifice init?  The Wye used has a small orifice to reduce throughput. As for adding an extendible tube - sure.  Look on the Heatercraft website.  But a local autoparts jober should have the same (ie. like Summit Racing here)

15 minutes ago, uk_exile said:

You sure that's not a cold water feed for a shower?  That's cold water and on the pressure side of the raw water pump.  The water feed for the heater comes off the top of the engine opposite the temp sensor, and the return goes into the recirc pump behind the upper pullley around the 7 oclock position.