Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis Warranty Transfer Price?


MexTex

Recommended Posts

I had thought that the warranty transfer price was $750.  Well I called the local dealership this morning and the cost was $750 to Malibu, $400 to PCM and $275 for the service department to perform the inspection.  Not what I expected.  Does this seem right?  If I have to drive the boat to another dealership I will but this is a lot more than expected.  Thank for the help.

 

2019 Axis A22 / Monsoon 409

Link to post

If it has a Malibu engine its $750 for the whole thing, but with PCM or Indmar engines you have to pay both parties so typically around $1500.

Link to post

Pretty reasonable price.

They have to do a compression check on the motor and some other inspection stuff to the boat and motor.

Malibu fee is $750

PCM fee is $400

Indmar fee is $600

Plus labor to do the inspections.

Link to post
16 minutes ago, COOP said:

Pretty reasonable price.

They have to do a compression check on the motor and some other inspection stuff to the boat and motor.

Malibu fee is $750

PCM fee is $400

Indmar fee is $600

Plus labor to do the inspections.

Is it really reasonable?  Last car I had in for an inspection for out of provice registration cost $125 CAD (~$100). I can't recall if they did a compression test, but I'll try to find the paperwork.  I think those mfg. fees are pure profit - like it matters who makes the warranty claim??

Link to post

If youre asking about the actual fees being reasonable, its pretty common through out the boat manufactures. We're probably lucky the trailer and canvas manufactures dont charge a fee.

 

 

Link to post
granddaddy55

yes it is very reasonable, every time i touch my boat to work on it i get it why a business charges a lot, im in my driveway for a house i pay a cheap note on (overhead) , me and my old simple tools and free time 

Edited by granddaddy55
Link to post
2 minutes ago, COOP said:

If youre asking about the actual fees being reasonable, its pretty common through out the boat manufactures.

I guess...  but the kid bought an almost new car.  Warranty transfer was free.  (I know, cars are not boats...) What exactly do Indmar and malibu  do for their portion of the costs? Update the owner database?

Link to post
Posted (edited)

So let me ask you this, because the manual isn't entirely straightforward about what is covered by the warranty when transferred.  Just wondering how extensive the warranty is.

 

Are the seats covered under warranty?  There is an area where the vinyl is pulling away from the cording. Being that the boat was originally purchased August 2019 it seems more like a manufacturing issue.

And on the the swim deck the Sea Deck has a few big bubbles. This seems like an installation issue.

 

Edited by MexTex
Link to post
15 hours ago, MexTex said:

So let me ask you this, because the manual isn't entirely straightforward about what is covered by the warranty when transferred.  Just wondering how extensive the warranty is.

 

Are the seats covered under warranty?  There is an area where the vinyl is pulling away from the cording. Being that the boat was originally purchased August 2019 it seems more like a manufacturing issue.

And on the the swim deck the Sea Deck has a few big bubbles. This seems like an installation issue.

 

Both of these issues would covered. 

Link to post
rossman945

Worth it. I didn’t transfer had year and half left on eligible warranty and v-drive locked up. Cost me nearly 6 grand. 

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...