Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 VLX Wakesetter parts/cosmetics

Corey375

Hello, I recently just purchased my first Malibu. It's a 2007 VLX Wakesetter and needs a little TLC because I'm anal about it. The "wakesetter" emblems on the tower are faded/flaking away and I'd like OEM replacements, the rear corner VLX plates with screens are good but one looks like they sloppily glued the screen back in so id like a whole new piece. It's the black with pink accent for breast cancer awareness so I would like to maintain the same seats while redoing but was told they don't carry upholstery for that model anymore so I'll need to find a good person for that. I can apply them I just need someone to make the skins. The engine cover is also faded over the chrome badge so I may replace that as well. Where is the best place to go for quality or OEM parts for these boats? I'd like to bring it back to like new condition and touch up the little odds n ends, but overall it looks awesome! Thank you ahead of time for any help.

I'll post the link below for skins guy I used.  On the emblems, I removed them along with the Glove Box lid and the plate behind the guages on mine, and had a local shop use gloss black powder coat on them, turned out great!!  I love the immediate impact it made over the flaking chrome from before.

I may have to do that with the emblems! It'll be easier and cheaper as well. For the seats do you mind sharing what you did and what it costed?

2 hours ago, Corey375 said:

I may have to do that with the emblems! It'll be easier and cheaper as well. For the seats do you mind sharing what you did and what it costed?

I have done all of my seat bottoms now - I do about 3 each winter as they start coming apart.  I think Gabe charges just under $200 for each skin.  This winter I'm waiting on him to finish the covers for the sundeck, and they are $225 each.