Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Patiently waiting...,

zhuskers1

1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

Curious, what large corporations around you are shutting down for several weeks?

We have passed out right around 17% increases to all of our RV manufacturers so far this year due to the increases in our plastic sheet.  This is all because of the resin issues.  We have heard and are hoping the resin issues might get corrected about midsummer, but still not positive.

i would rather not say until its public as they were private conversations with owners and higher VPs.

several public ones are FORD/GM reducing some plants with layoffs to be announced as of the news this morning, Michigan will be hit in the coming weeks/months. a guy down the road said the paint racks they make for the new 600hp outboards and for the new Broncos are delayed quite a bit. a company they make parts for spend a TON setting up for the Broncos only to be told its delayed a year now. 

based on Jacks letter i would suspect they plan on closing for a period of few weeks like others. perhaps "may"? if i'm reading between the lines correctly. cant say for sure but from what i'm hearing a lot of places plan to close or reduce for 3-5 wks until they have enough to do. 

That letter  was a kick in the gonads!

Since I started this thread, here is an update on my 23 LSV order.  Ordered 11/13/20.  Scheduled spray day is 5/12/21.  I have already sold my previous Malibu.  

Based on that letter, it looks like we will be floating and swimming this season.

Article on inflation:

https://www.credentwealth.com/blog/government-spending-and-inflation

1 hour ago, zhuskers1 said:

Since I started this thread, here is an update on my 23 LSV order.  Ordered 11/13/20.  Scheduled spray day is 5/12/21.  I have already sold my previous Malibu.  

Based on that letter, it looks like we will be floating and swimming this season.

Article on inflation:

Intersting take however All I see are articles about the inflation being good at this so called 2-3% .. but just about everything someone buys has shot up or soon will by 10-20+%. Is  it truly demand driven?  Shortage driven? Maybe but the stimulus was not needed, just reopening IMO. You can't keep 20-30% of the economy closed and then pay 99% of the economy in hopes of stimulation of the whole economy the portion still closed is the ones who will receive non of that spending. It generated a ton of waste both times and will continue. The massive waste causes inflation. I mean just go to the grocery it's rising on a near weekly basis, gas, insurance, schooling, rent, and housing. Literally what folks spend 90% of income on has gone up by double digits often yearly and now in months. Almost all of this is not considered in the inflation numbers.. they are bogus and have always been.. if avg joe actually understood true inflation they would be more than angry. 

Interesting article but I can't think of anything in my life that has only risin by 2-3% unless he's referring to the weekly increase. 

Maybe the inflation I'm seeing just hasn't hit the consumer yet but it's coming.

Maan sorry on the boat issue.. prayers and good luck!

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, zhuskers1 said:

Article on inflation:

TLDR....nothing to see here.  Inflation isn't bad.  Carry on people.  

3 hours ago, justgary said:

By the way, the business of having a constant money supply is my primary issue with Bitcoin.  It has an arbitrary cap to its supply, which will eventually cause trouble.  But at this point, I'm probably digressing from the topic of this thread.

Some argue bitcoin is the new gold to the young crowd thwarting inflation via bitcoin instead of gold. I have a hard time with bitcoin had I listened to my friend and put $5k in like 13yrs ago I'd be retired.  On the other hand it's hard to believe something with so little utility has such value.  when u trade u can only loose when pulling out and it takes time to get $ out with others basically needing to buy in. Only people benefiting is the power grid owners ha. 

Govnt will shut it down or regulate as soon as it threatens local currency which is already happening in some countries.

On one hand it's great and outpaces inflation..or has at least by a long shot in the past. Who knows what the future holds. Looking at the stock market one can easily make the argument that it has simply followed inflation as a whole.. I mean everytime we print$ it end ls up a few k higher but islts right in line with inflation.. 

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Some argue bitcoin is the new gold to the young crowd thwarting inflation via bitcoin instead of gold. I have a hard time with bitcoin had I listened to my friend and put $5k in like 13yrs ago I'd be retired.  On the other hand it's hard to believe something with so little utility has such value.  when u trade u can only loose when pulling out and it takes time to get $ out with others basically needing to buy in. Only people benefiting is the power grid owners ha. 

Govnt will shut it down or regulate as soon as it threatens local currency which is already happening in some countries.

On one hand it's great and outpaces inflation..or has at least by a long shot in the past. Who knows what the future holds. Looking at the stock market one can easily make the argument that it has simply followed inflation as a whole.. I mean everytime we print$ it end ls up a few k higher but islts right in line with inflation.. 

the order books on both the buy and sell side are so deep that ive never had a problem selling, my sell order for 250k worth cleared in less than a minute.

• Like 3

INFLATION..........  The only INFLATION I want to see is air going into a tube to pull my grandkids behind my ever elusive 

2021 Malibu 23 LSV.  Git-R-Done Malibu!!    Happy Easter to everyone!!

7 minutes ago, justgary said:

Where did the 21 Million come from?  Is it not arbitrary?

I never said I don't appreciate it.  I do.  I find it quite interesting.  I also am fascinated by the astronomical growth of it.

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of comparing gold or other commodities to an artificial "system" with little other intrinsic value except that people think it is great.  I try to reconcile the value of it, and the best that I have done is to consider it a moving baseline for other currency systems.  A Dollar or a Yuan or a Euro have the value they do because of their ability to trade for other goods and services.  Gold, copper, and pork bellies have intrinsic value based on their usefulness in manufacturing, food production, and other areas.  Bitcoin brings (as far as I can tell) a very complicated, and thus "fool proof" accounting system that is now being used for other commodities.  What other actual value does it actually have?

I'm sorry about derailing the "Patiently Waiting" thread.  I suppose we should take this back to the other two topics already discussing this.

take it back there.  Happy to discuss further

2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I’ve moved in he majority of posts not related to this thread to the crypto thread. Please don’t continue discussing here. 

Thanks for doing that!

My spray date of April 5th was confirmed. I ordered in November (M240). Dealer called me in late Feb early March to tell me my build date had been moved to May. Unfortunately, I had a company trip planned in May and need a boat(My 23 LSV was sold). The dealer moved Heaven and Earth to get me a new spray date, they had to trade with another dealer. I'm guessing one of the main reasons I didn't get bumped again was due to the boat being the M240. My dealer indicated that he had a lot of Axis boat orders that got moved into midsummer. 

I have a buddy that ordered his m240, around the same time I ordered my23LSV. His spray date is in may, mine is June 22. They must be putting the more expensive models at the head of the line.

13 minutes ago, surfdude said:

I have a buddy that ordered his m240, around the same time I ordered my23LSV. His spray date is in may, mine is June 22. They must be putting the more expensive models at the head of the line.

Analysts have expectations

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Also important to keep in mind that the 23 LSV is the more popular boat. With more orders and all of these back orders, the 23 would be pushed further back, where the factory may have all of the parts in stock to make an m240 since it is not as popularly bought.

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, surfdude said:

I highly doubt this is the case. It almost entirely depends on mold rotation timing, and what build slots your dealer and other dealers have locked in. If you and I walked in and both ordered a VTX and a 23 LSV today, I would wager a lot on the VTX getting built first. 

• Like 1

If they're like every other manufacturer they are prioritizing more profitable models as best they can.. if not then someone should be fired from a business prospective.. 

• Like 2

They have been selling 180m to 195m per quarter the last two quarters . I’m guessing that is dealer cost as volume, not sure . I’ve heard that they build about 100 units per week. Maybe that’s incorrect, but if you work backwards at 130k per unit , they can’t deliver 190m worth per quarter . I randomly picked that average based on an A20 to an M240 . I’m sure I’ve really looked at this simply minded but it might explain that they cannot deliver what was sold. I’m waiting on mine just like about 1200 others between now and end of June 

36 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

They have been selling 180m to 195m per quarter the last two quarters .

This number probably includes their other brands as well, and probably doesn't use retail pricing.

• 1 month later...