Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Patiently waiting...,

zhuskers1

6 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

We were given a build date of May 18th! Thrilled that it’s not in the middle or end of the season. Keeping fingers crossed to be able to have her for Memorial Day! 

Great news, man!  You should have it before then.  Chat with your dealer about delivery dates.  They seem to only ship to certain areas at certain times.  My boat sprayed 2/25 and I don't have it yet.  It's supposed to be here tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get there to see it. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Great news, man!  You should have it before then.  Chat with your dealer about delivery dates.  They seem to only ship to certain areas at certain times.  My boat sprayed 2/25 and I don't have it yet.  It's supposed to be here tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get there to see it. 

Thanks man! We’re hyped. Have it before Memorial Day, or before the “build date”? And yes we will be in communication. Does build date mean the date it starts, or finishes?

Edited by Brandonloos21
1 hour ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Thanks man! We’re hyped. Have it before Memorial Day, or before the “build date”? And yes we will be in communication. Does build date mean the date it starts, or finishes?

Spray date is the date on which the gel is initially sprayed in the hull.  I think it's approximately 10 days after until completion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brandonloos21 said:

I think the forum spray and build are used interchangeably for the first day of build.  General opinion is that start to finish a build takes 7 to 10 business days.  As noted above there is usually a delay between the finish of the build and the delivery to the dealer.

• Like 1

I don't wanna burst your bubble but I think delivery by May 28th (The Friday of Memorial Day Weekend) would be all but impossible.  My Spray Date is tentatively May 10th and my dealer told me to expect it in mid June at best.  I hope i'm wrong for your sake!

14 minutes ago, djheywood said:

I don't wanna burst your bubble but I think delivery by May 28th (The Friday of Memorial Day Weekend) would be all but impossible.  My Spray Date is tentatively May 10th and my dealer told me to expect it in mid June at best.  I hope i'm wrong for your sake!

Hoping we might be at the end of a batch getting sent to our dealer, rather than beginning. 

This is exactly what I was worried about when I decided to order a new boat.  I asked my dealer to get me the first available build slot and he got me one in December.  I figured better to pay a little more for holding costs than to risk the boat being delivered late and missing out on our short season. 

Of course now that the production issues have begun, there could be an opportunity for some willing to part with their new baby.  Wonder what someone would pay for a new 2021 LSV 23 the week before Memorial Day?  

2 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

This is exactly what I was worried about when I decided to order a new boat.  I asked my dealer to get me the first available build slot and he got me one in December.  I figured better to pay a little more for holding costs than to risk the boat being delivered late and missing out on our short season. 

Of course now that the production issues have begun, there could be an opportunity for some willing to part with their new baby.  Wonder what someone would pay for a new 2021 LSV 23 the week before Memorial Day?  

Local dealer seems to have plenty of 2021's in stock on their lot - few of them are pending deal but if you wanted one you could buy one today

https://mninboard.com/boats-for-sale/condition/new/

30 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

If you are talking about flipping then there might be an opportunity .. sure, BUT it depends on the deal you got.  If you paid <25% off MSRP, just enjoy the boat (IMO).

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Local dealer seems to have plenty of 2021's in stock on their lot - few of them are pending deal but if you wanted one you could buy one today

https://mninboard.com/boats-for-sale/condition/new/

Maybe.  I'd be curious if you called today what you could actually buy right now.  Our local dealer's website looks like there's boats for sale and there just aren't but a few oddball models if you call and ask.  

Just now, jjackkrash said:

Maybe.  I'd be curious if you called today what you could actually buy right now.  Our local dealer's website looks like there's boats for sale and there just aren't but a few oddball models if you call and ask.  

I'm pretty sure that you can buy anything where there is an actual picture of the boat and it doesn't say pending deal.  They order a ton of boats for stock early in the model year.  From the pictures I can tell that their stock is split between the 2 locations.

Could be some delays at other brands I guess, but the overwhelming demand is what creates the potential flip opportunity in this market. The backlog is already far enough into the 2022 model year that my dealer is starting to ask if I would rather keep my boat for 2 years this time.

Speaking of flips, I bet you could flip new GM/Ford/Fiat trucks this year too, but that's a production issue along with the demand.

26 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Could be some delays at other brands I guess, but the overwhelming demand is what creates the potential flip opportunity in this market. The backlog is already far enough into the 2022 model year that my dealer is starting to ask if I would rather keep my boat for 2 years this time.

Speaking of flips, I bet you could flip new GM/Ford/Fiat trucks this year too, but that's a production issue along with the demand.

I'm dreading this conversation.  My guess is they would rather sell boats at full price (whatever that is in their respective markets) than give those of us that sell every year a 'deal'.

8 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

I'm dreading this conversation.  My guess is they would rather sell boats at full price (whatever that is in their respective markets) than give those of us that sell every year a 'deal'.

I'm guessing that they could give you what you paid last year due to the escalation of prices.  But it is your net that matters.

46 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Maybe - although the local mega dealer I buy from appear to have plenty of stock.  I suspect that the little guys are feeling the pinch but the big dealers who order hundreds of trucks as soon as they can still have plenty of stock for now.

I'm impressed if they have enough supplies to keep this up many mfgs can't get raw materials. I hope they can but seems inevitable at some point with record demand some common raw materials will get backlogged. The dash and electronics are full of microchips hopefully they have stock as that problem will be 2-3 yr issue

Resin is a global problem now. On of the largest mfgs in the world of pumps can't get resin and they don't even produce in the US. Heck now there is a drywall mud shortage and now a coffee shortage. Coffee? Worlds gone mad I say! Cup of joe price sharply rising.. 

This will be a record & historical inflationary year across the board. Worlds about to get woke and go broke 😂

Edited by The Hulk