Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good spring projects 2008 WS LSV 247

First of all thank you everyone's been very helpful on this forum Malibu is new to me lots of challenges on this 2008 WS LSV 247

I swapped out the cap rotor spark plug spark plug wires.  She purrs like a kitten had what felt like a rough engine last year some post said it was just the big can of the 383 hammerhead definitely something was wrong very smooth now.   

Figured out why the damn auto bilge pump wasn't working ordered a new one of those.  Installed a couple of cleats up front since every time I was up front I need a cleat and there weren't any.

Swapped out the steering cable and complete mechanism under the dash things feel smooth like butter now.  the rope through the eyelet method worked perfectly pulled through in 10 minutes!

I could not get the starboard rear carpet out tried for hours got it all loose pride bent twisted couldn't get the damn thing out so the steering bracket bolts are just going to have to be a little loose.

By the way a little piece of tissue on the distributor cap bolt keeps you from dropping in the bilge 💪

Can't wait for summer!

PXL_20210216_194654842.jpg

PXL_20210217_213758672.jpg

PXL_20210216_185302070.jpg

PXL_20210217_215251890.jpg

PXL_20210216_195701678.jpg

PXL_20210216_203426762.jpg

PXL_20210206_214009266.jpg

• Like 4

For future reference did you pull the steering cable from the stern side, or bow? Somehow you tie the old one to the new one ?

Thanks !

Steve B.

Hey I tied a rope to the stern end of the old one and pulled that towards the bow.  The tied the new one and pulled it back.  Luckily it wasn't tie wrapped.

i used electrical taped twine strands to pull and install my SG harness, three strands on pos, neg, and deutch connector with two strands through first stringer hole and 3rd strand on positive through forward stringer hole and then back through same to install from stern stringer hole

Twine works real well for stuff like this and it's skinny