Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter VTX or VLX with diamond hull?

TinaM

Hello!  Looking for advice.  Looking for used Wakesetter VTX vs VLX with diamond hull.  I am an average slalom skiier and interested in surfing.  My son skis and just learned to surf, so we would like to upgrade our boat to allow for that option.  Currently skiing behind a 2005 Chapparal.  The VTX from reviews sounds like a great ski boat.  I have skied behind a Sunsetter and some other direct drive Malibu ski boats.  Does anyone have experience with the VLX diamond hull as a ski boat?  It is bigger, so that would be the main advantage and we are looking at.  I heard that in 2016 -2018 the hull design on the VLX was not great for skiiers.  Any thoughts on this?  Obviously anything will ski better than my current boat, but if I am going to upgrade, I want something that I will enjoy.  

Thanks,

Tina from Columbus OH

10 hours ago, TinaM said:

Hello!  Looking for advice.  Looking for used Wakesetter VTX vs VLX with diamond hull.  I am an average slalom skiier and interested in surfing.  My son skis and just learned to surf, so we would like to upgrade our boat to allow for that option.  Currently skiing behind a 2005 Chapparal.  The VTX from reviews sounds like a great ski boat.  I have skied behind a Sunsetter and some other direct drive Malibu ski boats.  Does anyone have experience with the VLX diamond hull as a ski boat?  It is bigger, so that would be the main advantage and we are looking at.  I heard that in 2016 -2018 the hull design on the VLX was not great for skiiers.  Any thoughts on this?  Obviously anything will ski better than my current boat, but if I am going to upgrade, I want something that I will enjoy.  

Thanks,

Tina from Columbus OH

I posted some wake pictures at ski speeds in this thread of my 2017 VLX for reference.