Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

no sound through aux port 2014 lsv 23 any ideas

Idaholsv

just bought a 2014 lsv 23. we cannot get any sound through the bluetooth option on boat or hooked directly to the aux port in the jockey box. am/fm radio works perfect. any ideas? it has the Rockford fosgate head unit.

Have you stuck your head in the observers compartment to double check (i) that the aux cable is connected between the ports in the glove box and the black box, and (ii) that you have a bluetooth module?  IIRC that gen of rockford HU had an add-on BT module that isn't built into the black box itself. 

9 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

IIRC that gen of rockford HU had an add-on BT module that isn't built into the black box itself.

You are correct. The BT was likely the viper module that plugged into the BB's AUX inputs. Since neither the BT or the glovebox AUX jack works, id suspect the Y cables came off at the BB's AUX. 

4 hours ago, MLA said:

You are correct. The BT was likely the viper module that plugged into the BB's AUX inputs. Since neither the BT or the glovebox AUX jack works, id suspect the Y cables came off at the BB's AUX. 

I will check that and report back. Appreciate the Info

The 2014 Malibu boats have a gateway module that sends the Bluetooth audio signal to the black box.  Make sure the gateway option is turned on by touching the switch icon on the left of the MTC screen, then touching the setup icon in the center screen, then select gateway from the on screen list.

I think Shawndoggy is spot on with checking the AUX cable connections from the glove box adaptor to the black box and to see if you have the Bluetooth adaptor.  The BT adaptor is a rectangular plastic box about 4" x2" mounted on the amp board near the Rockford black box.  It usually has a "gateway" printed tag on it.

It has the Bluetooth module. I did find a y connector on the back in the mess of wires coming from the aux Port in jockey box. Anybody know what they plug into? I have 2 green wires with white and a red plug. Black wire with white plug. Only other wire that is not used and labeled is black with red plug and says for the video in. I assuming it's the green wires. But don't want to mess anything up.

Only thing i have found on the wires from the aux port in glove box it a inline y harness that goes from aux port to black box with 2 male plugs not plugged into anything. Stereos are not my forte.

27 minutes ago, Idaholsv said:

It has the Bluetooth module. I did find a y connector on the back in the mess of wires coming from the aux Port in jockey box. Anybody know what they plug into? I have 2 green wires with white and a red plug. Black wire with white plug. Only other wire that is not used and labeled is black with red plug and says for the video in. I assuming it's the green wires. But don't want to mess anything up.

Im not wire which of the 3 ends of the Y is not connected up. Should be a pair or RCA Y, one for left and one for right. The BT's left and right come together with the AUX port's right and left, and then connect to the black box's AUX-In right and left. The BT and AUX 3.5 port share the same music input to the black box. The AUX-In did have a label originally, but thats not to say its gone now. Google the manual for the black box and it should show you what color leads the AUX-In is. 

Got the Bluetooth working. The plugs for that y were packed behind a mess of other wires.  Problem now is sound is terrible( super flat with no bass at all when on Bluetooth or aux. Radio sounds fine still

Try using a different phone and see how it sounds using bluetooth.  It is often important to turn off any equalizer settings on your phone or the music app you are using on the phone to send a flat signal via bluetooth