Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mailbu new boat build delays?

Ty25

1 minute ago, SimonS said:

ok tks and what is the usual time from the build date to the delivery date

It takes roughly a week to build a boat.  Varies by type etc.  And then  some dealers will wait until they can ship a whole truck load so delivery varies.

3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

It takes roughly a week to build a boat.  Varies by type etc.  And then  some dealers will wait until they can ship a whole truck load so delivery varies.

I believe my boat took 5 full days to build, a day to get ready to ship, and 2 days to my dealer (TN to TX). The factory sent me daily pictures since our tour was canceled. Boat just arrived at the dealer this morning.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, tjklein said:

I believe my boat took 5 full days to build, a day to get ready to ship, and 2 days to my dealer (TN to TX). The factory sent me daily pictures since our tour was canceled. Boat just arrived at the dealer this morning.

The dealer has to clean it up and rig it.  Expect it to take a few days depending on how busy the shop is.

There is light shining on a new boat at the end of the tunnel!

1 hour ago, dlb said:

The dealer has to clean it up and rig it.  Expect it to take a few days depending on how busy the shop is.

There is light shining on a new boat at the end of the tunnel!

Correct. I'm picking it up next Friday afternoon. I'm stopping by tomorrow just to check out how the interior turned out. 

This is my 4th new Malibu, so the anticipation isn't quite what it used to be, but I'm still pumped to pick it up.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, tjklein said:

Correct. I'm picking it up next Friday afternoon. I'm stopping by tomorrow just to check out how the interior turned out. 

This is my 4th new Malibu, so the anticipation isn't quite what it used to be, but I'm still pumped to pick it up.

Congratulations!!!  When ours is delivered it will be our 3rd Malibu.  New Boat Deliveries should be a positive and exciting day!

• Like 3
On 4/23/2021 at 4:16 PM, SimonS said:

Nice, what boat did you order and what was your order date

M240 ordered November 11th. Was originally told a build date of Mid April. Dealer called in Feb and said it was moved to first of May. Unfortunately, I have a company meeting that I needed the boat for so the dealer worked a miracle and was able to secure a April 5th build date. Should be here tomorrow or Wed.

8 minutes ago, qbeam said:

M240 ordered November 11th. Was originally told a build date of Mid April. Dealer called in Feb and said it was moved to first of May. Unfortunately, I have a company meeting that I needed the boat for so the dealer worked a miracle and was able to secure a April 5th build date. Should be here tomorrow or Wed.

Wow !

There will be a lot of somebody's not getting boats when ordered. Btw, the dealer traded with another dealer that had the build slot for a dealer boat, not a custom boat order. But thanks for making it sound like my dealer gave the shaft to someone that put in their order. 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, qbeam said:

There will be a lot of somebody's not getting boats when ordered. Btw, the dealer traded with another dealer that had the build slot for a dealer boat, not a custom boat order. But thanks for making it sound like my dealer gave the shaft to someone that put in their order. 

Hi qbeam,

While COOP can certainly take care of himself, I think COOP was just looking out for other forum members whose orders are also delayed; some dealers are not as creative and helpful as your dealer sounds. Uber glad your dealer was able to make this happen for you. 

Best,

Chris

We all are aware that there are only so many slots and some are dealer inventory and others custom.  It is my understanding that most all are sold in both categories.  Not much inventory left and many are getting 2022s at this point due to the push out of the build date.  Happy you are getting your boat at the time needed.  Make sure and post pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The spray date slide to May 11th is holding. It sounds like the next issue in line is shipping. Hopefully that works it self out with not much further delay. I've heard trucking is a mess all over right now. Fingers crossed 

• 5 months later...

My dad got it too, and now he's delighted. I am glad to see that he has found a new hobby in his 70s and is passionate about it. Be sure that it is never too late to start some new activity, as a person is rejuvenated by an interest in something unknown and exciting for him. I'm going to give my father a vacation with his family and his friends on a yacht this year, and I hope that everything goes well. I'm thinking of using vistayachts service, as it was recommended to me by friends. If you have any thoughts or advice about this, let me know; it will be exciting to talk to you about it.

Edited by helendarack