Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I find out what/where the code is when read out says "service required"

2008 Malibu Sunscape LSV Monsoon 340 EFI-MPI w catalyst Indmar engine

How do I find out what/where the code is when read out says "service required" Thanks

9 minutes ago, COOP said:

You'll need Diacom computer software and the correct plug.

Rinda Technologies is where you get it.

Ohhh I was hoping we could at least get the direction of the problem.  Thanks

I thought you could look on the digital read out on the dash of 2008?  I am almost 98% sure you can see what the code is without having a diacom.  I guarantee it is emission stuff. 

I have a diacom code reader. If you need it let me know if you pay for shipping there and back you can borrow it. Obviously you break it you buy it. And there not cheap like 750 bucks. You agree to that and I’ll ship it to you. Shoot me a PM. 

WOW YOU are CRAZY NICE!!! Thank you for the offer.  And you are correct.  I found out I could scroll thru...so updating this post:

button until you get to the clock, then up arrow until you get to setup. Then enter into setup and scroll down to service. Then scroll down to fault codes.

I got an cylinder misfire spn65591c 10 mech system not responding properly at fmi 7 oc 4

Do you happen to know anything about that? Do you think emissions would cause that? Replace 02 sensors???

27 minutes ago, Lovetoski said:

WOW YOU are CRAZY NICE!!! Thank you for the offer.  And you are correct.  I found out I could scroll thru...so updating this post:

button until you get to the clock, then up arrow until you get to setup. Then enter into setup and scroll down to service. Then scroll down to fault codes.

I got an cylinder misfire spn65591c 10 mech system not responding properly at fmi 7 oc 4

Do you happen to know anything about that? Do you think emissions would cause that? Replace 02 sensors???

When were the plugs changed?  My dad's had a similar issue.  Turned out to be dirty plugs.

2 minutes ago, COOP said:

I would look at the distributor cap first. Those HVS caps (flat caps, crab caps) are well know to develop corrosion in them.

Going to order one now.  Thank you

3 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

When were the plugs changed?  My dad's had a similar issue.  Turned out to be dirty plugs.

Plugs changed 200 hours ago.  But didn't do the wires.  Going to do the wires, cap, rotor now and double check the plugs.  Thank you!!!

7 hours ago, Lovetoski said:

No prob!!  If you still need it let me know, hopefully you get it figured out.