Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat plug lights?

Mb911

I like the idea of a light in the boat plug for my response. Are there better brands then others? Was just going to put one in the rear plug. Any suggestions? 

I have a cheap one, it's sealed fine, but isn't bright enough for much effect (plus I don't boat much after sunset.)

I'd more recommend the larger ones that require fresh holes; but maybe you'll find the 3 way split one to work okay?

Was thinking about the tidal wake unit.. not sure though. We do some late evening cruises so it would be cool. Wasted 70 bucks easier for sure.  

Install of the ones that require drilling is easy. 

Don’t be scared. Measure twice, drill, seal hole and behind light with 3m 5200. 
done. 

• Like 2

Anyone have experience with the Tidal Wake ones?  99% of the time, our water is too murky, but we have trip to norris this summer.  Thought it could be fun for the weekend.

14 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

i enjoyed my diablo at norris more than i do in my brack water, so if that's your purpose use a plug light

Do you have the single typhon or did you go with one of the pucks?  My boat is white/black/yellow so I was planning to go with the white light.

27 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Do you have the single typhon or did you go with one of the pucks?  My boat is white/black/yellow so I was planning to go with the white light.

aldo wedge compatible but also

less bright or less lumens cause of rgb option ?? cant remember,  white will always be your best 

I've been mulling similar the last few days, not that we use the boat much at night, but it might be fun once-in-a-while.  Then I got to thinking (never a good sign my better half says, but I digress...) that I have the two vestigial pitot tubes on the stern and that might be the place for a couple of lights - one a side.  I was thinking of getting the holes filled this spring by the glass shop, but maybe lights would be the way to go.  Ayone repurpose the pitot tibe holses for this?

Eagleboy that's exactly what I just did on my 01 SS Lxi.  Took off the pitots and tubes and mounted a couple of Seablaze mini spectrum lights over the holes where the tubes penetrated the hull.  I used one of the holes where the old screws for the SS covers over the tubes was.  The three holes for the pitot mounts are still there; I will fill them with 4200.  I havent finished up mounting yet, but I'll take some photos.