Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXi wedge

Hi all,

Does the wedge in the raised position affect the ski wash of an 03 to 06 response LXi compared to the same boat without the wedge?

thanks

Technical answer, yes. The added weight will have an affect on the wake. Highly doubtful you will notice it though. I ski behind a 2011 Response LXi all the time that has the power wedge and it’s a great skiing boat. Thousands of passes through the course and PB is behind that boat. The only way it will have a truly negative affect is if it isn’t all the way stowed and catching in the water. 

That said, since that era response was only available with the manual wedge, I know many who take it off since it is easy and they never used it. Just the wedge plate is left on the transom. 

• Like 2

My buddy's wedge has a tendency to dip in the water as he turns, not sure if he needs to adjust or correct any potential play / looseness with it.  Hopkins is spot on, the mass will affect the wake just as extra fuel does.  You could run the experiment for yourself via doing using fuel as a simulation and/or remove it to compare.

The wedge on my Sunsetter LXI affects my wake for the better!  Not sure why but I leave it on bc it knocks the rooster tails down a bit at 30 mph.  My thought is it deflects the exhaust water some as I don’t think it’s dragging.   Very weird I know. 

You won't notice a difference with/without it.  I took mine off my RLX and have it sitting in my garage, but I honestly don't notice any difference other than how it looks.