Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakefoil compatible tower racks?

Ben1995Response

Looking to add a tower to my boat this spring, and would like to be able to hang a wakefoil off it. Any suggestions on a wakesurf board rack that also works well with wakefoils? I was hoping to find a wakesurf tower rack that is pretty adjustable and play around with it until I found a position that works with the wakefoil. Unfortunately, I can't find any tower racks on the market that have an adjustable "pitch" angle (the only adjustable angle seems to be side-to-side).

I can put my foil on my axis racks, however, the rack arms put a sizable dent in my slingshot soft top board, from the weight of the foil.

They fit in a standard rack just make sure it is secured well. Personally I prefer to put it in the Bimini pockets as it is heavy bouncing around in the clamping racks. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:12 PM, Cole2001 said:

They fit in a standard rack just make sure it is secured well. Personally I prefer to put it in the Bimini pockets as it is heavy bouncing around in the clamping racks. 

@Cole2001 Can you please post a pic?  I've been thinking about having pockets added to my bemini for boards but assumed that the foil would be too much for it.  So far I'm having a hard time finding a spot for my foil...  If I put it foil side up in my clamp rack (G3.5 tower), the foil hits the tower if facing forward, and constantly catches the rope when a wakeboarder swings out or when picking up a downed rider when facing back.  If I put it foil side down, the foil frequently catches the splash off the side of the boat and re-directs it into the boat.  I was thinking I might try it with foil side down, but move the rack to the higher position on the tower.

If I get a chance I'll snap pictures of these configurations so that the OP can see what to expect when using the clamping racks.

• 3 months later...

I tried mine on the bimini but didn't like relying on plastic clips and velcro to keep the foils up there. Seemed a bit dangerous if one came off and hit someone in the back of the boat. The PTM clamping racks hold them reasonably well but in rough water they bounce around a lot and put undue pressure on the center part of the carbon fiber boards. I went with the Skylon racks and LOVE them. They hold the boards by the rails and don't move a bit. 

IMG_2511.JPG

• Like 2