Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Waksurf Board for Big Guys

redsoxfan84

I am 6'3 275 lbs and I currently wakesurf on a doomswell. Love the board but it a very traditional board that we lovingly call the Cadillac. We also have a hyperlite board that is small enough for the teenagers. I can ride this for a min but I can tell I am too big for it and usually can't stay up long. Looking for something that is fun and fast but will work for a big guy like me. No boat show this year makes this tough to check out a bunch. What recommendations do y'all have?

I am looking for a skim style. Thanks for the advice on the trident. That's exactly what I am looking for. Any other recommendations?

If you are looking for a skim style board for a bigger rider that is fast and not lacking performance I would take a look at the 56' Kanuk blunt. It is only rated at 250 but if you go with the blunt it has more volume than the Vedder rated for the same weight and being a fast board it should be more than sufficient. One thing I find with some of the larger boards particularly skim is that they start becoming more of a hybrid. Phase 5 and victoria also make some decent skims just not as much experience. 

Edited by Cole2001

Take a look at the Victoria Big foot for a board made specifically for a person your size (full disclosure I am a victoria dealer)

Also in general if you find a blunt nose/tail shaped board that shape will generally help make a board faster but they can get a bit loose so you can pair them with a longer fin to reign them in a bit.

I started with a trident.  I am 250.  Way more skilled now and I can ride a matrix 53 and hammerhead 53.  A

so ride a 58 ahi with only 2 of the 4 fins and reduced to the 3.5 fin from the 4.3.  I 360 it and slide it.

2018 lsv though so wave definitely makes a difference.

I am willing to part with my trident if you interested pm me. I think it’s a 2017.

Im 6ft 6in and 300lbs. I reached out to Soulcraft and had them make me a board in 2016. I’ve tried several other boards of buddies and still prefer my soulcraft. All of my friends now borrow mine cause it’s easier for them to ride. I can cruise all day long and can land 360’s on it.