Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Server issues V2.0

WakeGirl

Brutal.

Congrats on getting the ship through the storm and best wishes for the clean up. Having run a large golf forum in the past I can sympathize. Rest up when you get a chance and thanks for keeping this great resource going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
ahopkins22LSV
42 minutes ago, WakeGirl said:

I may develop a drinking problem because of this, whether you're buying or not.

It’s only a problem if you try to solve it :biggrin:

Just testing the quote and smiley functions... nothing to see here

1 hour ago, WakeGirl said:

I may develop a drinking problem because of this, whether you're buying or not.

Swing by here.  I'll give you a pull and then assist your drinking problem.

• Like 3

Thanks for your effort and your great work. I am pretty new to the forum but it became a daily routine reading the posts and i comment from time to time. For that reason i upgraded to a paid subscription in the last few weeks. For me this forum is the best source to learn everything about my boat. Thanks! Keep up the good work.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure you guys are taking this lots harder than most of us are (understandably)! Just do what you can when you can! We recognize your efforts for the many years of work you have already put into this site...yes we miss it when it's down, but it's no longer down and people are already using humor to show you how "ok" we are! 

Technology for me is like my golf game...I recognize it occassionally STINKS, but I just enjoy the good parts and move on!

Edited by REHinH20
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear about this.  We went through a similar situation at my company a few years back.  I know it is a nightmare.  Glad you were able to recover most of the data, and as others have stated THANK YOU to the admins for all the time and effort that goes in to managing and maintaining this wonderful resource/community!  :thankyou:

• Like 2

sorry to hear about this: i thought i posted below but didnt show up

for what its wroth we use Acronis True Image at work for making back-up images of entire PCs/Servers each night and then also run a file-back up as well. one strategy that has helped is as follows

* Nightly full computer image back up storing up to 7 recent copies

* Weekly full computer image back up storing 7-recent copies

these backups are stored to another server and also we do them to an external HD's that are then swapped every so often so they are NOT connected to any computer or internet/network etc. 

we got hit with Ransomware which encrypted all files and the virus spreads through the network to each machine working its wonders... terrible, i always thought about backups but never ransomware and its HORRIBLE! regardless we were able to re-load about 5-servers & 7 desktop stations within 1-day via our boot disks. i've made more now incase it happens we can be faster.  i will tell you however that the external HD's that are fully disconnected were the key element in this case as the ransomware triggers an IP search on your network and spreads to each computer quickly. having the HD's not connected and a second HD off-site that it hadnt spread to saved our rears. i was always worried  about hardware crash rather than ransomware but it was eye-opening on the damage it can do within a few hours. 

another great thing is yesterday one of our desktops HD crashed so we just swapped a new one in and loaded the backup from that evening and the computer (all software & files) was up and running in about 1hr. We also use it for when we want to add another office computer, rather than spending 2-days loading 30 + programs we just use a backup from another desktop and load it onto a fresh computer (doesnt matter if different hardware) then after its up we just change the computer name and good to go apart from maybe 1-2 drivers if the computer is totally different but it saves 2-days of loading software.

Essentially if the place burns down and we have to get all new hardware as soon as the hardware is ready we can have a server or PC loaded fully in about 1-1.5hrs max as if nothing happened. its a life saver! 

Anyhow check out Acronis True image it may help not sure.

good luck and thanks for all the hard work!

Edited by The Hulk